Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Sure, though not so much a full spey rod as one of the switch rods... I use a #5 for swinging spiders and streamers for big browns on the South Fork and anywhere else I fish for trout.. awesome!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Well let's see some pics of them monster from the Southfork.
    I spend more time there than anywhere else, but have not seen anyone fishing a spey or switch. Could be that I'm too busy fishing. lol.

Pics please.....

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Greetings to all on my first post.

I fish the Rainy River on the border between Minnesota, USA and Ontario, Canada. There are no Salmon or Trout here, but we have big Walleye, Smallmouth Bass, Northern Pike, and Musky. On accasion I make it to the North Shore of Lake Superior where I can fish for Salmon and Trout. It has a few good rivers like the Knife ,Sucker, Lester and French.

I'm probably the only person within 300 miles with a spey rod. The only people here that even know what a spey rod is are people I've shown mine to. I have a Canadian friend I've been working on getting into spey fishing. Then there will two of us. That's how the revolution starts.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Simon

I grew up fishing Saturday mornings on the River Forth in Scotland during February and March. Heavily fished Council Water, 40 plus guys out fishing etc. All Spinning with Devons etc.

Caught several Spring fish on Tobies there startin off at 15 years old with a 16.5 lb Springer- all nice clean fish so you can possibly understand when I say my favourite Beat these days would be somewhere like Makerstoun which I have fished in early February and Hollylee which I fish at the backend of the season.

Totally different styles of fishing on the same river.

For me, the objective is to catch a decent (17lb or more) Spring Salmon on a Sunk Line set up when the Snowdrops/crocuses are in bloom on the riverbank.
    So I'm booked in to Upper Floors this year for February!!

That's my dream fishing.

2nd place is the River Erriff in Eire during a grilse run in late June/July. Been there, done that - absolutley fantastic but that was in 1986 before children etc!! Best craic in the world also!

humber123

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Thank you for your replies, gents.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12