Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Ooops sorry, everyone.. I got a bit lax in my checking of these posts. I was away for three weeks travelling around the US at various fly fishing shows.. and I accidentally punched my laptop and broke it, so didn't have my computer access!!

Randy, nice to see you again... I have to admit I haven't checked the FF spey forum for sometime, and should probably get back to it.. but there is something about these Brits and atlantic salmon that draws me here!

Brian, likewise.. awesome to see you on here. It's been ages since we last caught up. I knew you were a GrandSpey guy and am sorry that the powers-that-be here dropped the line. I have a couple sitting in my office, so shoot me off an email (simon@rioproducts.com) and I'll see what I have to send you. Though not as long a head, the Powerspey is a very, very fine casting line, and currently my go to long/mid belly spey line. As to stripping.. ha ha, that kind of stripping is definitley acceptable!

Speydog, Thanks for stopping by and for your input. Thanks also for trying the AFS lines. They are really awesome casting lines, I agree, and love them and teach with nothing but these - at least to start with.

Humber, I heard about the weather!! What is going on? Not only Scotland, but my home in Devon got pounded and we just never get snow!! My dad said it snowed again in Devon last Saturday night as well!! Good luck on the opening day. I hope you get into a few fish or two. Regardless, it will be great just to be out on the water with a fly on the end again! I am most envious! I'd also agree that you don't need a tapered leader using that rig!!

Cheers for now
    Simon

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Simon,
    Sorry I just saw your post now.So much for me being very observant.I would love to chase those Atlantics sometime as well.I am making plans to get out with Courtney for a few days the week after the Spey Clave.I'll be able to use the wind down time after working on it for so long.Planning to hit the St.Marys
    River in Saulte Ste. Marie for 4 or 5 days.The steelhead are still in the river at this time and the atlantics are stating to move in as well.
    Thanks again,Randy.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    My Salmon fishing is mostly done at northern Norway, where rivers are relatively small but fishes are big. Last few years they have banned sinking lines, so I must use a floating outfit. Conditions are often windy and flies are big, like Sunray Shadow. Those conditions puts a test to outfits.
    I generally use a 13' or 14' #8 rod.

Bushy section-> shooting head(RIO AFS).
    Must wade-> Skagit line(3M DeLuxe).
    Must cast long ones-> Skagit or XLT. Depending of wind and/or wading and room.
    Wide running pools with room-> XLT, though I wont cast it long time, it's so much heavier than Skagits.

Overall most of the casts are done with Skagit.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Thanks, Zeieizh - can you use sinking leaders or are they banned too?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    No sinking tips or leaders. Flies can be weighted.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234