Results 1 to 1 of 1
24-06-2011, 10:10 AM #1
- Join Date
- May 2009
- Read 0 Reviews
Beauty and the Beast. Atlantic salmon v farmed escapees
The famous Norwegian salmon rivers entering the Trondheim Fjord are under serious threat from a massive number of escaped farmed salmon.
In a recent survey nearly half of the salmon caught out in the Trondheim Fjord were farmed salmon! The Norwegian Institute for Nature Research (NINA) characterizes the situation as desperate, and reported recently about the dramatic situation to the Fisheries Department and the County of North and South Trøndelag.
- Stor økning av rømt oppdrettslaks ved Ytre Agdenes merkestasjon (Original Norwegian)
- Large increase of escaped farmed salmon in Outer Agdenes tagging station (Poor Google English translation!)
- See also: Svært mye lakselus på sjøørret i ytre del av Trondheimsfjorden (Original Norwegian Article)
- Increased sea lice on sea trout in the outer part of the Trondheim Fjord (Poor Google English translation!)
On the Gaula recently, on the Lower Kaasen Kvål beat anglers reported that four out of the five salmon they had caught were farmed salmon.
- Avslørte Gaula-laks som oppdrettsrømlinger (Original Norwegian Article)
- Revealed many Gaula salmon are now farmed (Poor Google English translation!)
- Her samler de inn lakse-DNA (Original Norwegian Article)
- Here they are collecting salmon DNA (Poor Google English translation!)
This is a national disaster and continued environmental recklessness on the part of the salmon farming industry. This Norwegian dominated fish farming industry is destroying wild salmon and wild sea trout all over the world, while the authorities sit back and watch them do so. Can no one stop them?