Fish&Fly
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Join us at the Tyne Fishing Festival at Lambley Farm, Haltwhistle, Northumberland

This year the Tyne Rivers Trust are hosting their second Tyne Fishing Festival at Lambley Farm Estate on the South Tyne, July 4, 2010 11am to 5pm.

This FREE day will feature Tyne Rivers Trust guided river walk (@13.30hrs), free fishing instruction from AAPGAI qualified instructor, several trade stands - including Frazers tackle, Orvis, New Mills Fishery, Lambley Cottages, Fly Tying instruction, Squirrel Action Trust, Fish&Fly/SalmonAtlas and FishNorway. There will be a beer tent & hog roast, games room and plenty going on! Funds raised will go the Red Cross and other charities.

I shall be there with Harald Oyen of FishNorway, so do come and say hello and even perhaps try out some review gear we shall have with us.

Lambley Estate nestles in a beautiful part of the South Tyne valley with gorgeous walks all around. Bring the family for a fun day out.

See you there!

Colin

Lambley Country Estate, Lambley, Haltwhistle, Northumberland, CA8 7LQ

[svm]/?ie=UTF8&ll=54.927684,-2.509131&spn=0.003249,0.013733&t=h&z=17[/svm]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Looking forward to this Colin.We might need the wet weather gear

Fish&Fly
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Hi Tony,

Good to see you there. What a day! The morning was wet and wild. Every stand was blown down by the wind. Ours was ripped and bent before we got there. I feared the worst when driving down from Alston I found a full sized tree almost fully across the road at Slaggyford.

What is more, a murderer was on the loose a few miles to our west so traffic was being diverted miles around. You couldnt have made this stuff up!

Hog roasts were very good though and fine tea from the WI. Thankfully weather changed for the afternoon and the sun came out. Jim Hearn AAPGAI and others led great casting tuition and I enjoyed the very informative walk given by Prof. Malcolm Newson, Director of the Tyne Rivers Trust. The South Tyne at Lambley is wild and spectacular.

Many thanks to Jim & Emma at Lambley and Aiden Pollard and others at the TRT for all their efforts and keeping the day flowing despite the weather!

BTW Who won the spin casting competiiton?

Cheers

Colin