First I would like to introduce myself. My name is Matt I am 23 years old from Northern New Jersey. Where I am from it is all woods and property, nothing anyone expects from NJ. Look up West Milford if you want to. I have always done the regular lake and pond fishing mainly for bass. I just recently got interested in fly fishing and plan to purchase my first rod and equipment soon. Where I am stuck is choosing between two rod/reel/line packages. Both are #5 rods seeing the kind of fishing I am doing is river and a little bit of small pond.

First rod is the Orvis streamline rod/reel/line package at $225.00 Fly Rod and Reel Combo / Streamline 5-weight 8'6" Freshwater Outfit -- Orvis

The second is an Echo rod/reel/line package 9' at a local shop at about $180. the shop is tight lines fly fishing in NJ.

The Echo has a lifetime warranty and I am not sure about the Orvis package. I am hoping someone has some experience with these packages and could give me some advice. Thanks for any help and I am looking forward to getting out there.