Farlows Black Friday Fishing Tackle Sale Click Here

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Fish on the fly in Fowey

I'm a Colorado fisherman in temporary exile in arid Arizona, however I will soon be on holiday in Fowey, in Cornwall. What with the river and the sea, I figure there may be a chance to sneak away from the missus and fish for a bit as she is not a particularly early riser. I have a couple of mountain sized rods - 9 foot 5 weight, 7 foot 4 weight and one 9 foot 9 weight salt rod that I have used in Baja.

Wondering, am I properly armed for the journey and are there any local fly shops (or your lots' equivlant) that anyone would reccomend.

Administrator
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Re: Fish on the fly in Fowey

Hi Borderman

I would contact Austen Goldsmith at UK Saltwater Fly Fishing - UKSALTWATERFLIES.COM He is a guide in Cornwall and will be able to advise/help you.

For general info take a look at Where to Fish. The Where To Go Fishing Angling Directory since 1822 - now online!

Richard

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Hewitt View Post
    Hi Borderman

I would contact Austen Goldsmith at UK Saltwater Fly Fishing - UKSALTWATERFLIES.COM He is a guide in Cornwall and will be able to advise/help you.

For general info take a look at Where to Fish. The Where To Go Fishing Angling Directory since 1822 - now online!

Richard

Will do. Thank you for the info!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Borderman,
    Just to add that the Wainsford fishery is a nice place to fish and offers s/c accommodation too.
    The Fowey is famous for its very late run of salmon - with fish running up to season's end on December 15 - in fact the last Atlantic salmon of the 20th century was caught here, and released by NASF's Orri Vigfusson who was visiting!
    The sea-trout fishing is also good but I imagine fishing would be good around now.
    Tight lines.