Admin
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

A good salmon fly?

An Ally shrimp is a good choice for salmon i reckon most salmon anglers carry these .Liam

More...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Re:

I have found that the best colors for luring salmon are green, orange and yellow especially early in the spring of the year. Body materials that are holographic, gold or silver work well with these colors.Whether you tie or buy your flies, consider using flies that incorporate these colors. They are very efficient at luring salmon.

Fish&Fly
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by johnleo View Post
    I have found that the best colors for luring salmon are green, orange and yellow especially early in the spring of the year
    My choice for Atlantic salmon in the spring is yellow / black / silver but I do tend to go the the warmer colours (red / orange) later in the season. having said that on the Findhorn last February my very experienced guide suggested I try the brightest orange, bushiest fly I had ever seen! And bingo a lovely springer obliged (mind you the river was running very high with a bit of colour).

But for normal clear - cold water conditions it has to be black/yellow for me (with silver body)!

Colin.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Early flies for me are North Shore Smelts

And cascade shrimp

Later on in the season when shrimp pattern become hot flies here is my arsenal

My most productive and favorite

Jocelin