Administrator
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Overall winner of the Salmon Tales

Thank you to everyone how submitted a story in the Salmon Tales competition. It made for great reading, some stories almost made me cry and some made me laugh out aloud.

Marc Bale and Sofi at the Sportfish Reading Show

Marc Bale the Sales Director at Far Bank Enterprises (Sage/Rio) had a hard time choosing between the three finalists.

His final choice is a great one, so put your hand together for aenoon who submitted this hilarious story:

"Nith, nice height, salmon moving through.
    Fishing Bridge Pool , to the admiration of a Bus load of tourists.
    Line tightens, into a fish to the delight of my audience.
    Backing out of water, suddenly i am upside down, immersed!!
    I had backed into large boulder, it got me squarely behind kneecaps, causing my early bath!!
    Held rod high, stood up, see cap floating away!, fish still on. Minutes later grass grilse of 7lbs. Release fish, head for home soaked, to rapturous applause!.
    Later, change of clothes, same pool, no bus, still a few tourists about.
    Line tightens, bigger fish this time, decide to get out quick, SPLASH, AM IN AGAIN!! same rock, same result!!
    Land fish, twelve pounds, release, tourists applause, off home again!
    Later, having quiet beer in hotel, get tap on shoulder, Tourist giving me my cap back!, asks me what time i was performing tomorrow!!"

Congratulations aenoon you win the SAGE Z-Axis Series Double Handed Fly Rod Size: 15ft 0in #10 4pce, courtesy of Far Bank Enterprises.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofi View Post
    Thank you to everyone how submitted a story in the Salmon Tales competition. It made for great reading, some stories almost made me cry and some made me laugh out aloud.

Marc Bale and Sofi at the Sportfish Reading Show

Marc Bale the Sales Director at Far Bank Enterprises (Sage/Rio) had a hard time choosing between the three finalists.

His final choice is a great one, so put your hand together for aenoon who submitted this hilarious story:

"Nith, nice height, salmon moving through.
    Fishing Bridge Pool , to the admiration of a Bus load of tourists.
    Line tightens, into a fish to the delight of my audience.
    Backing out of water, suddenly i am upside down, immersed!!
    I had backed into large boulder, it got me squarely behind kneecaps, causing my early bath!!
    Held rod high, stood up, see cap floating away!, fish still on. Minutes later grass grilse of 7lbs. Release fish, head for home soaked, to rapturous applause!.
    Later, change of clothes, same pool, no bus, still a few tourists about.
    Line tightens, bigger fish this time, decide to get out quick, SPLASH, AM IN AGAIN!! same rock, same result!!
    Land fish, twelve pounds, release, tourists applause, off home again!
    Later, having quiet beer in hotel, get tap on shoulder, Tourist giving me my cap back!, asks me what time i was performing tomorrow!!"

Congratulations aenoon you win the SAGE Z-Axis Series Double Handed Fly Rod Size: 15ft 0in #10 4pce, courtesy of Far Bank Enterprises.
    YEEEHAH THAT IS SUPERB!!!

Many thanks Marc at Sage (far bank enterprises) for your wonderful prize for this competition. Will be well used on my favourite big rivers!.
    Foot note for Simon at Rio, many thanks to you, too, for windcutter multi tip.
    Is all I have come to expect from your range of lines (superb!). Look for my third story in the competition, "Hero to zero" was all on your line.
    Once again many thanks to sponsors of competition, I am a happy chappie
    regards
    bert