Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Questions about places and fees around Birmingham from a newbee

Hi guys,
    I'm new here. I live since a short time in Brimingham. Came from Germany.
    And now I have some questions to start fishing.
    I'm a angler since years, but only in Germany in my youth or in holidays.
    I looking for good places to catch trouts, graylings or salmons with the fly or a spinner.
    I have any rodsm flys and spinners.
    Where are such places to catch round about 2 or 3 hours by car around Birmingham?
    What are the fees? Must I pay something? And where?

PS: I tried to catch trouts in the Hill Farm, Bognop Road, Essington. But was a desaster. One day, only pay, no fish.

Thank you very much!

Good Guy

Fish&Fly
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Re: Questions about places and fees around Birmingham from a newbee

Can I recommend you have a look at our UK focused website and and join the forums at Fly Fishing Magazine where you will find lots of local anglers who I am sure will be happy to help you.

This site is more aimed at international destination salmon and adventure fishing so you might not get many replies here.

Tell us more about your German fishing though as that will be interesting I am sure. What are the main species there? I understand you have Huchen and Asp which are very good to catch on the fly?

Isle of Lewis during the summer / New Zealand during the Winter
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Re: Questions about places and fees around Birmingham from a newbee

Blithfield resevoir is a good call, £20 for a day ticket or £40 with a boat, large expanse of water some big rainbows and some monster pike. Fly fishing only and dont worry too much about the boat as there is good bank sport to be had. It is closed season at the moment but go onto their website and the dates will be listed. The river Wye in Wales anywhere around Hay on Wye has good grayling fishing and should only be around 2-3 hour drive. Well worth a visit cheap day tickets and beautiful scenery. Go onto the Wye and Usk passport website for maps and more info!!

Tight lines!