Roy,I no longer salmon fish and have a full kit that you/your son might be interested in.The rod is a Bruce & Walker 'Expert', not in their current range but with great reports when it was launched.The reel is Shakespear salmon reel with two spare spools loaded with matching floating, sinktip and sinking lines (#10). You'd probably want to upgrade the reels to wide arbour at some stage but right now it's all a well balanced rig thats ready to fish with in all water conditions.£100 + postage and it's yours.When you've finished looking around let me know if you are interested.RegardsNidd.---Quote (Originally by royvs)---Moving on from my thread about the Rutherford Beat, my son has decided he wants to buy the equipment since he feels he will have other opportunites to use it.I have been charged with investigating and probably purchasing on his behalf.As previously stated, I know nothing about Salmon fishing so would appreciate any help on the equipment I should be considering.In terms of rod make, Bruce and Walker is the name that seems to crop up most but are there others to consider? Reel type and are sinking and sink tip lines necessary? Also the best length for an "allrounder", if there is such a thing.I have emphasised try before you buy..this is to compile a list to "try".Many thanks,---End Quote---

More...