Right,I've got into trout fly fishing this year and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm planning on extending my horizons and going for salmon on my local Welsh rivers next year (Conwy and Dee). I've also had a pass from the missus to take a week fishing holiday:guinness:. My initial plans of heading to Sutherland for trout has been overtaken by an urge to go for salmon in Scotland. I think a week of fishing will help me develop casting a double hander - something i'm yet to try. I plan to have lessons before going, then practicing on my local rivers in April / May (which will prbably be devoid of fresh fish that time of year??).I'm restricted to May - July. Can anyone provide any advice - including rivers that are good that time of year, tuition (would a gillie provide such a service and would this be at extra cost?), and how good would I need to be before going.I hope you can help me.PS can any one recommend any good salmon books (i'm guessing Falkus is as good a place to start as anywhere??)THANKS!

More...