Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Sealskinz Gloves - Are these the Cold Weather answer?

Hi All, This is my first thread on Salmon Atlas, a little daunting I have to say.

Iv'e not fished for the King yet, but intend to.

I do have a thread running on flyforums UK and North America regarding Sealskinz Gloves.

We are all fishermen and all the feel the cold. what i'm trying to find out is, (1) Do any of you use these gloves? (2) If you don't, how do you insulate your hands against the cold air and water temperatures?

I'd be very interested in your feedback or comments. I'll leave the link, should you need to chase the thread.

Best regards

Stuart

Sealskinz Gloves - Are these the Cold Weather answer? - Fly Fishing Forums

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    read the reviews on Amazon
    [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B000UFOOZ2/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1"]Amazon.co.uk: Customer Reviews: Sealskinz Ultragrip Waterproof Glove@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/414kifUMYRL.@@AMEPARAM@@414kifUMYRL[/ame]

a real mixed bag i think the consensus is they are not warm

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Sealskin Gloves

I have a pair of these. They are not particularly warm but they are great for clearing ice from your car without the usual problem of wet penetrating although eventually the dampness does seep through. I also have sealnskinz socks which I use underneath waders. As the socks become more used the water proof properties wear off. I really don't think they are worth the money. I have found the best gloves for fishing in all conditions were the fingerless thermolactyl gloves from Damart. The held their warmth even when wet. I'm not sure whether these are stiil made however.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Per Google ...

the Darmart Gloves (et al) still appear to be available.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Hi All, Do you have a link for these Damart Gloves?

Regards

Stuart

ACW
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Damart - Fingerless Gloves

This sort of synthetic glove combines a degree of warmth and exposed finger tips for line handling and tackle adjustment .
    i use similar for winter grayling and spring salmon ,and find they keep me reasonably comfortable .damart is a good price !