Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

You guys need to start posting.

I have been looking at this site for a bit, and the spey cast site prior to that. I have seen more life at a museum. It's not like the posts are not getting views, just no replies, no sign of life. One post has more than 1200 views and a single 4 word reply. Surely we can do better than that can't we? These sites are a great way to share info, and talk about the sport we love. If we do not post and support these sites, they go away. The forum has pretty much left the spey cast site, and I fear the same may happen here. It would be a great shame.

Fish&Fly
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
    Surely we can do better than that can't we?
    I'm sure we can Dan! The team here are building the site daily and ready to answer any questions posted. We have some real experts on hand too.

One question that really intrigues me is about the labelling/matching of fly tackle - I'll add a post soon about that!

Thanks for your support of this site. As you say it's starting to get busy with people passing through (the maps have been viewed over 100,000 time so far) Perhaps we need to dangle bigger flies to hook them in!

All the best

Colin

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Thanks Colin. I'd just hate to see this fade away. The spey cast site seems to have somewhat, and that was with guys like Eoin Fairgrieve on it. Big time guys, and it seems to have about half died. The internet is a great source of information. I do not have another person with a spey rod within 5oo miles of me, let alone an instructor. I learned to spey cast watching you tube videos of guys like Eoin Fairgrieve, Kevin Patterson, the Rio trailer, and stuff like that. People in the remote end of the non-spey world need as many sources as we can get our little typing fingers on. I posted a video on you tube that Kevin P. looked at and solved a couple problems in my cast. Where would I be in this without sources like this?

By the way, the reason I started spey casting was because the river here gets deep very near shore, and has high, close banks. Spey casting seemed to be a good fit for here. It worked really well. I was targeting Walleye, and this is what I was catching.

Fish&Fly
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
    I do not have another person with a spey rod within 5oo miles of me, let alone an instructor.
    Good for you! Amazing. Learning is really one of the best parts of fishing. I certainly hope I never stop!

All the best

Colin

ACW
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Suprised my self how few folks are posting here, its nice to have Simon gawesworth contributing .
    Guess I had better get a new vitriolic Wye thread going here to drag some big posters over .
    Sadly the UK and Eire salmon forum world is so fragmented ,would be good to get them all back together in one place .

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ACW View Post
    Suprised my self how few folks are posting here, its nice to have Simon gawesworth contributing .
    Guess I had better get a new vitriolic Wye thread going here to drag some big posters over .
    Sadly the UK and Eire salmon forum world is so fragmented ,would be good to get them all back together in one place .
    I hear the sister site FlyForums is the busiest fishing site in Europe so the team know how to run a forum. This would be a natural place to get everyone together.

Maps are fascinating and lots to learn on here.

TippetUK

ACW
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    [QUOTE=Tippetuk;5395]I hear the sister site FlyForums is the busiest fishing site in Europe so the team know how to run a forum. This would be a natural place to get everyone together

Afraid it would not work ,far too many agendas and egos involved !
    Fly forums salmon section goes on nicely with regular input but I quess averages 5-20 posts a day whereas even the smallest salmon board has 20-50 !

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    once the word gets around this site will be ok . good people running it plenty to talk about no bad press between members . when you look at the whole site and take it all in no where better . from the tyne to alaska its good to talk and spey casting well its the bees nees as we say in sunderland no wading needed most of the time and thats fine for both beginners and the older generation .

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I am a member of many sites and i find that most are shy because of postings that get hammered.
    Ive posted on a sister site about Loop Rods and was so peeved that i wont post there ever again as a moderator had stated Loop Needs to put their products into stores in his area and he might find the time to test 1 out.
    We are all here to learn and if we cant learn whats the sense of being here ?.
    Also ive let the Gurus here know about the St Marys Rapids in Northern Ontario Canada as being a great Atlantic Salmon Fishery hoping to get a spot in the Canadian section for it but like everything else in life it needs to be studied before anything is done about it, so i will just sit back and read what interests me.
    Diver Dan NICE EYE ON THE FLY not many can say they have achieved that spiecies on a spey rod I tip my hat to you
    Diver Dan if your ever in the Sault Ste Marie area drop into the store at 146 Gore st Sault Ste Marie,On or give me a call if you need some info on whats happening in the rapids
    Store Number is 1-705-575-7739

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by speyrod1 View Post
    Diver Dan if your ever in the Sault Ste Marie area drop into the store at 146 Gore st Sault Ste Marie,On or give me a call if you need some info on whats happening in the rapids
    Store Number is 1-705-575-7739
    I will do that. I appreciate the comment. Hopefully I will be able to make it that way in the next year. Dan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast