Silver stoat, medicene fly, executioner are my best 3 ---Quote (Originally by stuartpengs)--- Hi all, Just reading the "How many flies do you have" thread, which got me thinking a little about my flies. For my still water fishing I must admit I have way too many flies, some will never see the light of day. My sea trout flies however are a completely different matter. I have 20 sea trout flies, never more, never less. They are 4 patterns of various sizes, though if I'm honest I only ever use the same two flies on my leader. They are a butcher variant single on the dropper and a gold and orange squirrel hair plastic tube on the point, both with JC. I know sea trout anglers tend to be a slightly *ahem* special breed (going fishing at an un-godly hour, until an even more un-godly hour, we're so special we need help), with this in mind I'm lucky never to have my mind clouded by fly choice, "should I change this fly for that one" etc, which can then nag away at confidence, which, IMO is the greatest tool in the sea trout fisher's box. So, do you find yourself fishing the same flies for the majority of the time, more-so than you would for any other kind of fly fishing? ---End Quote---

More...