Join Sportfish for a 3-Day Spring Salmon Spey Casting Course at Bywell, River Tyne
Sportfish are once more hosting their spring salmon, spey casting courses on the prolific Bywell beat of the Tyne.
Sportfish are offering two separate courses both running for three days apiece. Tom Festing, Tuition Manager at Sportfish, A.A.P.G.A.I and Senior Instructor Chris Hayward of Sportfish will be hosting the courses with the help of Bywell's ghillies, Gary Hillary and Chris Richardson. So the 8 rods on each course really will spend quality time with either an instructor or two very accomplished ghillies.
Bywell caught 633 Salmon in 2011, 576 Salmon in 2012 and had 22 Salmon landed in February that year. This really has got to rival many of the great Scottish spring beats. With help from Tom and Chris the 8 rods will be split into two teams of four. Four rods will have instruction and four will fish. We will swap over at lunch time and rotate in this way for the duration of the course. If the temperature of the water is around 38-41 degrees C then there will be high hopes as fish dont normally move upstream until warmer than that!
The course covers:
- Correct rod action and fly line set up
- How to fish and get the most out of your sinking lines in order to be successful during the spring
- Fly Line sink rate choices and fly recommendations
- Spey lines v shooting heads in the spring
- How to read spring water effectively
- Importance of water and air temperature
- Effective spring time Spey casting techniques
- Safe wading whilst fishing a spring river
The aim of the course is to open up the entire season to those who once thought spring fishing to be either too cold or a waste of time. What better way of turning what is traditionally a time to forget into a time to look forward too?
- Full Board Accommodation at the Angel Inn, Corbridge
- All Fishing on the Bywell beats
- Riverside lunch in the Bywell fishing lodge
- All instruction and a Ghillie service
- Free casting lesson prior to trip
8 rods take part in each course - but hurry they sell out fast!
Price: £999 per person
Click here to book: Tyne Course 10, 11, 12 February 2014
Click here to book: Tyne Course 13, 14, 15 February 2014