Las Vegas Convention Center – July 14, 2010 – The global sportfishing industry has converged on the Las Vegas Convention Center for the world’s largest sportfishing trade show, the International Convention of Allied Sportfishing Trades, better known as ICAST. Produced by the American Sportfishing Association (ASA), the industry’s trade association, ICAST is the catalyst that drives the recreational fishing industry year-round. There are 6,900 representatives from the sportfishing industry in Las Vegas to see the latest innovations in gear, accessories and apparel.
“Recreational fishing has a heritage and tradition that is part of its ongoing allure and mystique,” said ASA President and CEO Mike Nussman. “However, the other side of the sport is the incredible time and effort that established companies and entrepreneurs alike devote to improving the angling experience which is exemplified in the New Product Showcase. My congratulations go to the winners and to all the companies who worked hard to develop these innovations and the buyers and outdoor journalists who served as judges.”
The single most important feature for ICAST exhibitors and attendees alike is the New Product Showcase. Sponsored by Fishing Tackle Retailer, the New Product Showcase embodies the sportfishing industry’s innovative and entrepreneurial spirit and rewards that ingenuity through the “Best of Show” new product awards competition. The ICAST 2011 “Best of Show” awards were presented on Tuesday, July 13, during the Chairman’s Industry Awards Reception, sponsored by Frabill, Inc., at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
In addition, Sport Fishing Magazine Editor-in-Chief Doug Olander presented the magazine’s “Making a Difference” awards to five individuals from across the U.S. who have made significant contributions to recreational fishing and fisheries.
Best of Show Goes to Pure Fishing, Inc.
This year the Berkley Nanofil fishing line by Pure Fishing, Inc. was voted by buyers and outdoor journalists as the most innovative product in the ICAST 2011 New Product Showcase in both the Line category and the overall “Best of Show.”
This year’s New Product Showcase winner’s also included first-time ICAST exhibitors VestPac in the Fly Fishing Accessory category and 3D Picture Store, Inc. in the Giftware category.
2011 ICAST New Product Showcase Award Winners
- ICAST 2011 Overall Best of Show – Pure Fishing, Inc., Berkley Nanofil
- Best of Show – Apparel – Frabill, Inc., Frabill Suit
- Best of Show – Boat – Hobie Cat, Hobie Mirage Revolution II
- Best of Show – Boating Accessory – JL Marine Systems, Inc., 10 Ft Power-Pole Blade Edition
- Best of Show – Combo – Daiwa Corporation, Daiwa D-Shock DSH-4Bi Combo
- Best of Show – Electronics – Johnson Outdoor Marine Electronics, Humminbird 1158c DI Combo
- Best of Show – Eyewear – Costa, Costa Women’s Collection
- Best of Show – Fishing Accessory – G. Pucci & Sons, Inc., P-Line Sparrowhawk
- Best of Show – Fly Fishing Accessory – VestPac, DriftPac
- Best of Show – Fly Fishing Reel – Temple Fork Outfitters, BVK Fly Reel
- Best of Show – Fly Fishing Rod – G. Loomis, Inc., Pro4x
- Best of Show – Freshwater Reel – Pure Fishing, Inc., Abu Garcia Revo MGX
- Best of Show – Freshwater Rod – G. Loomis, Inc., GL2
- Best of Show – Giftware – 3D Picture Store, Inc., 3D “Exploring Smallmouth” Picture
- Best of Show – Kids’ Tackle – Pure Fishing, Inc., Casting Game & Sound Fishing Kit
- Best of Show – Line – Pure Fishing, Inc., Berkley Nanofil
- Best of Show – Hard Lure – Pure Fishing, Inc., Sebile D&S Crank
- Best of Show – Soft Lure – Koppers Fishing & Tackle Corporation, LIVE TARGET Hollow Body Mouse
- Best of Show – Saltwater Reel – Daiwa Corporation, Saltiga SATG5000H
- Best of Show – Saltwater Rod – Shimano American Corporation, Terez Rail Rod
- Best of Show – Tackle Management – Plano Molding Company, 4674 Hydro-Flo Tackle Bag
- Best of Show – Terminal Tackle – VMC, Spinshot
Making up a special section of ICAST’s 400,000-square-foot show floor, the New Product Showcase provides special visibility for the industry’s latest innovations in gear and accessories.
ICAST 2012 will be held at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla., July 11-13, 2012.
For complete ICAST information, visit ICASTfishing.org.