Sage Launch "Mini" Fly Fishing Rod Range in USA
Yet another fly fishing niche has been filled with this nifty new range of tiny micro fly fishing rods from Sage.
With the economic climate still looking depressed one way of seeking new revenue streams is to diversify and Sage have led the field once again with the development of a whole new area of fly fishing.
Dubbed "Mini" fly fishing, they are hoping it will spark new interest in developing a whole new sector of fly fishing enthusiasts and therefore customers.
A Sage spokesman said: "The rationale behind this exciting new development is that not everybody lives on triple A rated trout streams or next to perfect saltwater flats full of bonefish. Some of us only have ponds full of panfish like pumpkinseeds and bluegill nearby, or local streams with minnows or maybe even tiny wild trout perhaps if you are lucky. In any case, even the smallest modern rods are often way over-gunned for these tiny species and so the "mini" range was born."
Will the other brands respond? Probably, but it will take some development time so for now Sage have the upper hand.
To check out the early trials of the rods in action and and the size of fish they can handle click here...
IF YOU DID NOT CLICK THROUGH TO THE LINK YET OR ARRIVED HERE AFTER APRIL 1ST THEN THIS WAS AN APRIL FOOLS STORY!!!
Articles by the same author
- Salmon & Trout Association Auction 2014
- Land of Giants
- Planning Victory for Scottish Salmon Campaign
- Some Big Irish Salmon Showing
- A Strong Late Run in Canada?
- UK Film Premiere – Land of Giants
- Possible Women’s World Record Sea Trout from Rio Gallegos
- UK's Salmon & Trout Association Calls for New Limits on Salmon Exploitation
- Atlantic Salmon – Lost at Sea
- Atlantic Salmon Reserve Update: 9