30th Anniversary of World Famous Tarpon Tournament
2012 will mark the 30th anniversary of the world famous Tarpon Tournament held at the world famous Boca Grande pass in Florida.
The ‘World’s Richest Tarpon Tournament’ will be held in Boca Grande on Gasparilla Island from 16th to 20th May.
Boca Grande (Big Mouth in Spanish) is the tarpon fishing capital of the World and throughout the season which runs from March to June an estimated 5,000 tarpon are landed.
This four day event starts with two days of competition followed by a two day festival which includes films, children’s activities, exhibits, a ladies tournament and parties.
For more information please visit www.worldsrichesttarpon.com
For further information about fishing in the area and the fabulous beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel please visit www.fortmyers-sanibel.com
Articles by the same author
- Fishing Industry Debates How To 'Kick Plastic' at US Trade Show
- Rare Catch On The Fly In Thailand
- Alligator Gar Goes For The Record
- Alphonse Island News – Week 31
- Angling Trust Welcomes New Plan to Save Salmon
- Ocean Condition Changes Affect Salmon Prey
- Salmon and Trout Conservation take Sainsbury's to task
- Monster Royalty Salmon
- Spey Salmon Hopes
- Classic Angling – 100 Not Out!