30th Anniversary of World Famous Tarpon Tournament
2012 will mark the 30th anniversary of the world famous Tarpon Tournament held at the world famous Boca Grande pass in Florida.
The ‘World’s Richest Tarpon Tournament’ will be held in Boca Grande on Gasparilla Island from 16th to 20th May.
Boca Grande (Big Mouth in Spanish) is the tarpon fishing capital of the World and throughout the season which runs from March to June an estimated 5,000 tarpon are landed.
This four day event starts with two days of competition followed by a two day festival which includes films, children’s activities, exhibits, a ladies tournament and parties.
For more information please visit www.worldsrichesttarpon.com
For further information about fishing in the area and the fabulous beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel please visit www.fortmyers-sanibel.com
Articles by the same author
- Big Salmon Showing on Iceland’s Big Laxa
- Atlantic Salmon Reserve Update: 8
- Wild Salmon can Adapt to Climate Change
- River Wye Salmon Report June 2014
- A Vintage Year on the Varzuga
- Escape to Alphonse
- Atlantic Salmon Reserve Update: 1
- Police and Fisheries Bodies Condemn Major Fish Kill
- A Milestone Breakthrough in Salmon Farming?
- State of North American Salmon Populations 2014