30th Anniversary of World Famous Tarpon Tournament
2012 will mark the 30th anniversary of the world famous Tarpon Tournament held at the world famous Boca Grande pass in Florida.
The ‘World’s Richest Tarpon Tournament’ will be held in Boca Grande on Gasparilla Island from 16th to 20th May.
Boca Grande (Big Mouth in Spanish) is the tarpon fishing capital of the World and throughout the season which runs from March to June an estimated 5,000 tarpon are landed.
This four day event starts with two days of competition followed by a two day festival which includes films, children’s activities, exhibits, a ladies tournament and parties.
For more information please visit www.worldsrichesttarpon.com
For further information about fishing in the area and the fabulous beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel please visit www.fortmyers-sanibel.com
Articles by the same author
- Sea Lice Study Highlights Issues for Sea Trout and Salmon
- Record Fish Numbers on the River Tyne
- Non-native Salmon Found in UK Waters
- Chanos chanos - Milkfish Madness...
- Scotland to Consider Wild Salmon Netting Ban
- Discover Amazing Angling in Dubai and Oman
- Do You Fancy Fishing in Paradise Next Year?
- North American Salmon Returns Looking Hopeful
- River Ure Salmon Project to Be Celebrated At ‘Big Fish’ Event
- S&TA Express Concern at Lack of Progress at NASCO Meeting