Bradshaw Hits the Big Time With Salmon Catch
Fish&Fly's own Colin Bradshaw proves he knows a thing or two about salmon with a fantastic catch of an estimated 28lb Atlantic Salmon taken during a trip to the Malselv River near Troms in Norway and made the local news headlines! The fish was safely returned to continue its migration up river.
Colin has been in touch briefly to say a full trip report will be forthcoming later but this is his brief summary of this catch that has generated a lot of interest locally in Norway already...
"In brief 6 of us fished the majestic Malselv River, Troms yesterday. I hooked a fine fish while fishing the beautiful Boatstoa Pool. Within minutes of being hooked the guide notified local journalists who then turned up at lunchtime! The salmon was magnificently shaped with broad spotted shoulders and fought very strongly. Estimated at 27-28lb the fish took a small fly with a black 4.5 cm wing and bright green body. The cock salmon was returned safely."
Congratulations Colin - we're not jealous - much!
Articles by the same author
- Online Sea Lice Petition Launched
- Record Chalkstream Salmon Returns
- Vigfusson Calls for Three-Year Netting Ban
- The Atlantic Salmon Trust Auction 2016
- A Tropical Fly Fishing Adventure...
- Farlows Winter Sale – on NOW
- A Fish&Fly Merry Christmas
- Merry Christmas from ASR
- Restoring River Dart Salmon
- The End of an Irish Salmon Fishing Era