Atlantic Salmon Trust 2013 Auction
Fancy a trip to one of the best fishing destinations on the British Isles? Among the hundreds of lots on offer is fishing on the rivers Tay, Spey, Dee and Tweed in Scotland, the Test, Itchen, N Tyne and Camel in England, the E Cleddau and Usk in Wales and the Drowes and Mourne in Ireland.
Two other lots which will doubtless attract a huge amount of interest offer fishing in Canada, at destinations which have acquired legendary status – Blissfield Lodge on the Miramichi River, and Camp Bonaventure, Quebec .
The annual fishing and country sports auction is AST’s major fund-raising event, and this year’s event launched on 14th January on www.atlanticsalmontrust.org/auction, with bids closing from 14th February.
Building on the popularity of shooting lots in last year’s auction, even more are on offer for 2013.
One of AST’s priorities is sponsoring and supporting relevant research into the lives of wild Atlantic salmon and sea trout. The Trust is also due to hold a major conference on stocking in autumn 2013. It’s therefore more important than ever to raise funds to keep this work going.
“The auction is always a hugely popular event,” said AST Chief Executive Tony Andrews. “Now that we’ve made all bidding electronic, we’re finding that bidders really enjoy the ‘thrill of the chase’ as bids close on each lot. It’s a high point in our year – not only because it raises funds to continue our work, but because it introduces anglers to new rivers, maybe even new countries. We are immensely grateful for the generosity which our donors display, and we hope that they are rewarded by forming ongoing relationships with new clients who come to them via the auction.”
The full brochure of auction lots is available on the AST website www.atlanticsalmontrust.org/auction.
Articles by the same author
- North American Salmon Returns Looking Hopeful
- River Ure Salmon Project to Be Celebrated At ‘Big Fish’ Event
- S&TA Express Concern at Lack of Progress at NASCO Meeting
- Salmon and Trout Association Forces Net Fishery Closure
- Salmon could be Returning to Sheffield
- Feed Trials Show Promise for Reduction of Sea Lice Infection.
- UK Government Urged to Protect Salmon Funding as Stocks Slump Again
- Aardvark McLeod Presentation Evening at Farlows
- Half Price Hardy SALE - Now On at Farlows
- Early Morning Jungle Poon