Breaching the Veazie Dam
You are invited to this historic event that will reconnect Maine’s Penobscot River to the sea for the first time in nearly 200 years!
A report from the Atlantic Salmon Federation:
The Atlantic Salmon Federation has been a partner in the restoration of the Penobscot River in Maine from the idea's inception, and takes great pleasure in the milestone breaching of the Veazie Dam on Monday July 22.
Everyone is welcome to come along and share this major development with others who care about the future of Maine's great Penobscot River.
For full details visit the Atlantic Salmon Federation website.
Articles by the same author
- Job Opportunities at Farlows
- Norwegian Rivers Inundated with Escapee Rainbow Trout
- Wild Atlantic Salmon Protected by Newly Extended Agreement
- Alphonse Island News - Bonefish Bonanza!
- Costa Rebirths The Watery Rave
- The Anne Voss-Bark Memorial Award
- The 2014 Malloch Trophy
- Sustainable Salmon for Scotland?
- Wind Farm Protest Blowing up a Storm
- Cornish Fish Farm Plans Abandoned.