Breaching the Veazie Dam
You are invited to this historic event that will reconnect Maine’s Penobscot River to the sea for the first time in nearly 200 years!
A report from the Atlantic Salmon Federation:
The Atlantic Salmon Federation has been a partner in the restoration of the Penobscot River in Maine from the idea's inception, and takes great pleasure in the milestone breaching of the Veazie Dam on Monday July 22.
Everyone is welcome to come along and share this major development with others who care about the future of Maine's great Penobscot River.
For full details visit the Atlantic Salmon Federation website.
Articles by the same author
- Possible Women’s World Record Sea Trout from Rio Gallegos
- UK's Salmon & Trout Association Calls for New Limits on Salmon Exploitation
- Atlantic Salmon – Lost at Sea
- Atlantic Salmon Reserve Update: 9
- Tougher Measures Needed to Save Canadian Salmon
- Opposition to Offshore Fish Farming in South West England Grows
- English and Welsh Salmon Stocks ‘Crash’
- Excellent First Half Returns from the Ponoi
- Big Salmon Showing on Iceland’s Big Laxa
- Atlantic Salmon Reserve Update: 8