Breaching the Veazie Dam
You are invited to this historic event that will reconnect Maine’s Penobscot River to the sea for the first time in nearly 200 years!
A report from the Atlantic Salmon Federation:
The Atlantic Salmon Federation has been a partner in the restoration of the Penobscot River in Maine from the idea's inception, and takes great pleasure in the milestone breaching of the Veazie Dam on Monday July 22.
Everyone is welcome to come along and share this major development with others who care about the future of Maine's great Penobscot River.
For full details visit the Atlantic Salmon Federation website.
Articles by the same author
- Mahseer Trust Competition - Win a Fishing Trip to India
- Game Fisher’s Diary on Discovery SHED
- Jeremy Wade Video Interview
- Sportfish Courses 2014 - Spring Tyne Salmon
- Escaped Norwegian Salmon Have a ‘Bounty’ on Their Heads
- A Natural Solution for the Control of Lice in Farmed Salmon?
- Conservationist Honoured for Restoration of Maine's Penobscot River
- Patagonia Austral Fly Fishing
- Farlows Casts a Line for the Future
- Big Mako Shark on the Fly