Aardvark McLeod Saltwater Open Day at Sportfish Reading
Autumn and winter are coming and adventurous fly anglers’ thoughts are turning to saltwater fishing around the world, so join Aardvark McLeod at Sportfish Reading on Saturday 21 September and let the experts show you how to tackle your next saltwater trip.
Aardvark McLeod are frequently asked “What tackle do I need for my trip?”, “Which line best suits the fishing I will be doing?” and “Which is the best one?” so this weekend they are offering the chance to meet their team at Sportfish Reading to test the equipment before you buy.
Expert saltwater anglers will be on hand to explain various rod actions, line tapers, fly selections and leader set up and to give you the best advice for your trip.
The day will allow you to:
• Try various outfits including the right lines to match the rod and the situation, the right reel to suit you and your fishing.
• Ask any questions you have about saltwater fishing from casting into the wind or presenting to a spooky permit, or what knots to use through to general techniques when wading a flat or fishing from a skiff.
• Prepare for your future trip including general tackle, packing and clothing suggestions.
With years of destination travel experience the Aardvark team of Peter McLeod, Charlotte Chilcott, Steffan Jones and Alex Jardine will all be on hand to answer any questions you have, along with the highly experienced Sportfish staff.
The event takes place at Sportfish Reading on Saturday 21 September 2013 between 10am and 5pm and entry and parking are free. For more details telephone Aardvark McLeod on +44 (0) 1980 847 389 or Sportfish Reading on +44 (0) 118 930 3860.
Articles by the same author
- Good News for Some Scottish Salmon
- Astove - The Video!
- ASF Honours Michael Meighen with Top Salmon Conservation Award
- Get to Grips with the Gaula!
- Catch a River Tweed Salmon with Farlows this Summer
- Catch and Release in Canada
- Alphonse Island News – Flat Calm, Flats Slam and a 9lb Bonefish!
- Fly Odyssey Day at Farlows
- Icelandic Fly Fishing Open Day
- Meet Mikael Frödin at the Sportfish Salmon Spectacular