30th Anniversary of World Famous Tarpon Tournament
2012 will mark the 30th anniversary of the world famous Tarpon Tournament held at the world famous Boca Grande pass in Florida.
The ‘World’s Richest Tarpon Tournament’ will be held in Boca Grande on Gasparilla Island from 16th to 20th May.
Boca Grande (Big Mouth in Spanish) is the tarpon fishing capital of the World and throughout the season which runs from March to June an estimated 5,000 tarpon are landed.
This four day event starts with two days of competition followed by a two day festival which includes films, children’s activities, exhibits, a ladies tournament and parties.
For more information please visit www.worldsrichesttarpon.com
For further information about fishing in the area and the fabulous beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel please visit www.fortmyers-sanibel.com
Articles by the same author
- Removing the Selune Dams in France
- Monster Swedish Salmon Caught
- Trophée Charles C. Ritz 2014
- The Scottish Fisheries Review Draft
- Marijuana Could Wipe out Salmon…
- Farlows of Pall Mall – Job Opportunity
- Scotland Reports Lowest Rod Salmon Catch Since 2003
- The Tunny Club Exhibition
- It's Showtime at The Delphi Club
- Salmon & Trout Association Auction 2014