30th Anniversary of World Famous Tarpon Tournament
2012 will mark the 30th anniversary of the world famous Tarpon Tournament held at the world famous Boca Grande pass in Florida.
The ‘World’s Richest Tarpon Tournament’ will be held in Boca Grande on Gasparilla Island from 16th to 20th May.
Boca Grande (Big Mouth in Spanish) is the tarpon fishing capital of the World and throughout the season which runs from March to June an estimated 5,000 tarpon are landed.
This four day event starts with two days of competition followed by a two day festival which includes films, children’s activities, exhibits, a ladies tournament and parties.
For more information please visit www.worldsrichesttarpon.com
For further information about fishing in the area and the fabulous beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel please visit www.fortmyers-sanibel.com
Articles by the same author
- Ireland hosts major international Conference of the North Atlantic Salmon Conservation Organisation
- Boca Grande Tarpon Tournament Makes a Splash
- Boost For More Transparency on Sea Lice Levels
- Film Project To Follow WWII Veteran Back to France Fly Fishing
- Jose Wejebe 'Spanish Fly' Memorial Foundation
- Fieldsports - Fly Fishing Edition
- The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel Kicks off Tarpon Season
- Simms Fishing Site Gets A New Look
- Brit Catches Giant Grander Blue Marlin
- Amazon-Angler.com's Steve Townson Catches Huge Arapaima In Guyana