UK Launch of Reisa 20/40 Club
Have you ever wanted to catch a 20, 30 or 40 lbs Atlantic Salmon on Fly? There are only a few rivers in the world which regularly catch 30 and 40 lbs Salmon and 20 lbs salmon in good numbers and the Reisa Elva in northern Norway is one of them.
The Reisa is the southern neighbour of the world famous Alta and its salmon display some genetic similarities with its more famous sister, not least their size.
The Reisa 20/40 Pound Club has been established to offer salmon fly fishermen exclusive and semi-exclusive access to rotating zones through-out the river. The river comprises 19 Zones with Zones 1-10 being designated the Lower river and 11 -19 the Upper. Two of the Zones on the Lower River and two on the Upper are closed each week on a rotating basis. The Reisa 20/40 Pound Club has access to these closed zones every week of the season.
The club also has other fishing in addition to this that can be made available, if required.
We are inviting all keen salmon anglers to take a look at our short video showing what the fishing and terrain is like here.
To help us launch the new club we have arranged a number of regional presentations with the help of our fellow fishing enthusiasts in the tackle business, where Stein Arne and I can introduce ourselves and will be on hand to answer any questions that people may have.
The presentations/open days are scheduled as follows :
- Sportfish Reading on Saturday 26th Jan 10:00 am - 2:00pm
- The Edinburgh Trout Angler's Club Hosted by Gamefish Edinburgh on Monday 28th Jan 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- Somers Aberdeen on Wednesday 30th Jan 10:30 am - 6:30 pm
- Glasgow Angling Centre on Thursday 31st Jan 1:30pm - 9:00pm
Invitations will be sent out by email, using the various tackle shop's mailing lists, but if you would like to attend please email email@example.com and I will provide details for each day.
The Sportfish and Somers presentations are also being listed on their blog and an article about the Reisa is scheduled for the February edition of Trout and Salmon.
We are looking forward to being able to share the news of the Reisa 20/40 Pound Club with you and hope that you will share our interest in this wonderful river.
Stein Arne Ranes - Proprietor
Articles by the same author
- Game Fisher’s Diary on Discovery SHED
- Jeremy Wade Video Interview
- Sportfish Courses 2014 - Spring Tyne Salmon
- Escaped Norwegian Salmon Have a ‘Bounty’ on Their Heads
- A Natural Solution for the Control of Lice in Farmed Salmon?
- Conservationist Honoured for Restoration of Maine's Penobscot River
- Patagonia Austral Fly Fishing
- Farlows Casts a Line for the Future
- Big Mako Shark on the Fly
- Interbreeding Between Farmed and Wild Norwegian Salmon Quantified