Seven Nights on the Alta by Jan Ekman
Help conserve wild Atlantic salmon and enjoy a great book at the same time. The classic "Seven Nights on the Alta" is now available in English. Buy now and support the North Atlantic Salmon Fund.
Seven Nights on the Alta is a new English edition of a Swedish classic and, thanks to the generosity of a Swedish family, the Ekmans, NASF will receive the entire proceeds. It was originally published in 1983 and I believe it to be one of the best books ever written about salmon fishing. Yes, as the title suggests, it is about one of the greatest rivers in the world with its incredible monster salmon, but it is also full of reflections about history, the struggle to manage a natural resource, and last but not least, why we fish.
100% of sale proceeds (*) will go directly to the North Atlantic Salmon Fund (NASF) and our work to save the Atlantic salmon. Please don't hesitate to buy more than one copy. It's a wonderful gift to all your fishing companions!
We hope this will prove to be a great fundraising combination of a wonderful read and a great cause. It comes with appreciations written by Paul Volcker and Lefty Kreh. Again, our thanks go to the Ekman family, who have worked hard to present a beautiful book to the wider audience it deserves.
Click here to find out more or simply place your order below! (£40 inc P&P).
(sold via Altanights)
Thank you for your support!
North Atlantic Salmon Fund
(*) ex postage and handling
Articles by the same author
- Catching Giant Salmon and Celebrating the World’s Most Valuable Fish
- ‘Bag’ a Salmon to Help NASF
- Seven Nights on the Alta by Jan Ekman
- Obituary: Mike Fitzgerald founder of Frontiers International 1938 – 2013
- NASF - Learn from Salmon to Help Mackerel
- An Appeal From Orri Vigfusson - North Atlantic Salmon Fund - Your Help is Needed
- Iceland's Hofsa, Sela and Big Laxa rivers open their accounts
- Your Invitation to go Fishing in Iceland