Breaching the Veazie Dam
You are invited to this historic event that will reconnect Maine’s Penobscot River to the sea for the first time in nearly 200 years!
A report from the Atlantic Salmon Federation:
The Atlantic Salmon Federation has been a partner in the restoration of the Penobscot River in Maine from the idea's inception, and takes great pleasure in the milestone breaching of the Veazie Dam on Monday July 22.
Everyone is welcome to come along and share this major development with others who care about the future of Maine's great Penobscot River.
For full details visit the Atlantic Salmon Federation website.
Articles by the same author
- Good News for Some Scottish Salmon
- Astove - The Video!
- ASF Honours Michael Meighen with Top Salmon Conservation Award
- Get to Grips with the Gaula!
- Catch a River Tweed Salmon with Farlows this Summer
- Catch and Release in Canada
- Alphonse Island News – Flat Calm, Flats Slam and a 9lb Bonefish!
- Fly Odyssey Day at Farlows
- Icelandic Fly Fishing Open Day
- Meet Mikael Frödin at the Sportfish Salmon Spectacular