Breaching the Veazie Dam
You are invited to this historic event that will reconnect Maine’s Penobscot River to the sea for the first time in nearly 200 years!
A report from the Atlantic Salmon Federation:
The Atlantic Salmon Federation has been a partner in the restoration of the Penobscot River in Maine from the idea's inception, and takes great pleasure in the milestone breaching of the Veazie Dam on Monday July 22.
Everyone is welcome to come along and share this major development with others who care about the future of Maine's great Penobscot River.
For full details visit the Atlantic Salmon Federation website.
Articles by the same author
- Wild Salmon can Adapt to Climate Change
- River Wye Salmon Report June 2014
- A Vintage Year on the Varzuga
- Escape to Alphonse
- Atlantic Salmon Reserve Update: 1
- Police and Fisheries Bodies Condemn Major Fish Kill
- A Milestone Breakthrough in Salmon Farming?
- State of North American Salmon Populations 2014
- Yorkshire Salmon to Return to the Derwent
- Prime Tweed Autumn Salmon Fishing Goes Under the Hammer