Breaching the Veazie Dam
You are invited to this historic event that will reconnect Maine’s Penobscot River to the sea for the first time in nearly 200 years!
A report from the Atlantic Salmon Federation:
The Atlantic Salmon Federation has been a partner in the restoration of the Penobscot River in Maine from the idea's inception, and takes great pleasure in the milestone breaching of the Veazie Dam on Monday July 22.
Everyone is welcome to come along and share this major development with others who care about the future of Maine's great Penobscot River.
For full details visit the Atlantic Salmon Federation website.
Articles by the same author
- Record Fish Numbers on the River Tyne
- Non-native Salmon Found in UK Waters
- Chanos chanos - Milkfish Madness...
- Scotland to Consider Wild Salmon Netting Ban
- Discover Amazing Angling in Dubai and Oman
- Do You Fancy Fishing in Paradise Next Year?
- North American Salmon Returns Looking Hopeful
- River Ure Salmon Project to Be Celebrated At ‘Big Fish’ Event
- S&TA Express Concern at Lack of Progress at NASCO Meeting
- Salmon and Trout Association Forces Net Fishery Closure