Sea Trout Fishing Courses on the Famous Abercothi Beats of the River Towy
The Farlows group are pleased to have teamed up with the famous Abercothi Estate on the Towy to offer two, three night sea trout fishing experiences.
August 21st-23rd 2014 - hosted by Sean Clarke, Senior Casting Instructor, Farlows, G.A.I.A
September 4th- 6th 2014 - hosted by Tom Festing, Sportfish Tuition Manager, A.A.P.G.A.I.
Price: £825 per person (4 rods available per course)
The Farlows group are pleased to have teamed up with the famous Abercothi Estate on the Towy. We are offering two, three night sea trout fishing experiences. Sea trout fishing is often seen as a mysterious and difficult pastime, however, with the help of your two highly accomplished local guides and your host we hope to provide some breath-taking sport.
Abercothi is famous for big sea trout which hold up under the overhanging tree lines along the banks of the Towy, this makes catching them a challenge! You will need nerves of steel and a little luck to get one to take but when you do, you better be holding on tight!
The Abercothi beats benefit from the inclusion of the Cothi which is a tributary of the Towy. The Cothi clears quickly in comparison to the Towy thus offering a better opportunity to night time fish if the Towy is too coloured.
You will be staying in the Abercothi farm house, specifically styled to suit the sea trout fisher, being right on the banks of the river; this is a beautiful place to be, with fantastic home cooked food you really will be taken good care of.
You will learn:
• Day time reconnaissance and river craft
• Tactics for night fishing including use of surface lures and wet flies
• Correct selection of tackle
• Night fishing 'know how'
• Day time tactics for high water including spinning.
• Sea Trout behaviour
Depending on the river conditions, a typical night rota will be:
Lunch at around 1pm.
After lunch an afternoon workshop, either on or off the river.
Dinner will commence from 7pm then out on the water by 9pm
A typical daytime rota:
Breakfast at 8.30am then out on the river for a workshop orientated around daytime tactics.
Back for lunch for 1pm and then back out to put what you have learnt into practice.
Dinner will be at around 8pm at the farm house.
In any 24hr period you will have 10 - 12hrs of practical activity with your hosts; the activities will be flexible and will revolve around the conditions you face on any given day.
• Three days’/nights’ sea trout fishing on the Abercothi Estate
• Comprehensive instruction and guiding
• Three nights full board at the Abercothi farmhouse
• One free casting lesson either at Farlows or Sportfish
• 10% off any pre-course purchases either at Farlows or Sportfish*
Price does not include:
Gratuities, evening drinks, travel costs or your EA rod licence.
Please ensure you read the course terms and conditions prior to booking.
* This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer
Articles by the same author
- Sea Trout Fishing Courses on the Famous Abercothi Beats of the River Towy
- Iconic London Fishing Store Opens in St Petersburg
- Fishing Days at Farlow's and Sportfish