CLA Game Fair Reinstates Arthur Oglesby Award
The CLA Game Fair has announced that the prestigious Arthur Oglesby Award is to be reinstated at this year’s event, to be held at Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire, UK from Friday 18 until Sunday 20 July.
The CLA Game Fair has announced that the prestigious Arthur Oglesby Award is to be reinstated at this year’s event, to be held at Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire from Friday 18 until Sunday 20 July.
The highly coveted award is given to individuals who have made a lifetime contribution to the sport of fishing and who have made a particular impact in the last year. Past winners include household names such as Bernard Cribbins, Sandy Leventon and Andy Murray.
The award itself is a stunning fish sculpture by Ian Greensit, which will be on view in the House of Fishing area. This innovative complex of four individual attractions forms the central hub of the Fishing Village at this year’s event
Nominations for the Arthur Oglesby Award can be made by anyone with an interest in the sport whether as anglers, press or trade. They should be made in writing to the CLA Game Fair Office, 16 Belgrave Sq, London SW1X 8PQ.
A final shortlist will be announced in early July, and the final voting will take place at the CLA Game Fair, where a ballot box will be available in the House of Fishing.
The presentation of the award will be made at midday on Sunday 20 July.
For more details click HERE
Articles by the same author
- North American Salmon Returns Looking Hopeful
- River Ure Salmon Project to Be Celebrated At ‘Big Fish’ Event
- S&TA Express Concern at Lack of Progress at NASCO Meeting
- Salmon and Trout Association Forces Net Fishery Closure
- Salmon could be Returning to Sheffield
- Feed Trials Show Promise for Reduction of Sea Lice Infection.
- UK Government Urged to Protect Salmon Funding as Stocks Slump Again
- Aardvark McLeod Presentation Evening at Farlows
- Half Price Hardy SALE - Now On at Farlows
- Early Morning Jungle Poon