CLA Game Fair Reinstates Arthur Oglesby Award
The CLA Game Fair has announced that the prestigious Arthur Oglesby Award is to be reinstated at this year’s event, to be held at Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire, UK from Friday 18 until Sunday 20 July.
The CLA Game Fair has announced that the prestigious Arthur Oglesby Award is to be reinstated at this year’s event, to be held at Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire from Friday 18 until Sunday 20 July.
The highly coveted award is given to individuals who have made a lifetime contribution to the sport of fishing and who have made a particular impact in the last year. Past winners include household names such as Bernard Cribbins, Sandy Leventon and Andy Murray.
The award itself is a stunning fish sculpture by Ian Greensit, which will be on view in the House of Fishing area. This innovative complex of four individual attractions forms the central hub of the Fishing Village at this year’s event
Nominations for the Arthur Oglesby Award can be made by anyone with an interest in the sport whether as anglers, press or trade. They should be made in writing to the CLA Game Fair Office, 16 Belgrave Sq, London SW1X 8PQ.
A final shortlist will be announced in early July, and the final voting will take place at the CLA Game Fair, where a ballot box will be available in the House of Fishing.
The presentation of the award will be made at midday on Sunday 20 July.
For more details click HERE
Articles by the same author
- Catch a River Tweed Salmon with Farlows this Summer
- Catch and Release in Canada
- Alphonse Island News – Flat Calm, Flats Slam and a 9lb Bonefish!
- Fly Odyssey Day at Farlows
- Icelandic Fly Fishing Open Day
- Meet Mikael Frödin at the Sportfish Salmon Spectacular
- For Sale - Thomas Turner & Sons
- Tweed Foundation Seminar
- Job Opportunities at Farlows
- Norwegian Rivers Inundated with Escapee Rainbow Trout