Prime Tweed Autumn Salmon Fishing Goes Under the Hammer
Opportunities to acquire some of Britain’s most sought-after autumn salmon fishing are detailed in the 2014 Annual Auction in aid of the Tweed Foundation.
The Tweed Foundation aims to protect and enhance fish populations in the Tweed system and are offering 37 lots covering 29 beats including prime fishing between late August and November on many of the Tweed’s most illustrious beats. Reserves range from £1500 down to £120.
Full details of the auction are available HERE or call Fay Hieatt on +44 (0) 1896 848271 for a copy of the catalogue, which includes recent average catches for the featured beats. A copy of the auction leaflet is also included as an attachment to this web page.
The deadline for both email and postal bids is 17:00 on Thursday 26 June with the auction taking place the following day.
Nick Yonge, Director of the Tweed Foundation, said:
“Our Annual Auction is unique amongst auctions of fishings in that it features many of the river’s leading and lesser known beats during the most productive time of the season – the prolific autumn runs.
Many of these beats are rarely available otherwise during this period. The auction’s proceeds provide vital support for the conservation work of the Foundation which helps to ensure the future of the Tweed’s fish populations.
We are immensely grateful for the generosity of Tweed proprietors as well as all those bidders who ensure our auction’s continuing success”.
Articles by the same author
- Good News for Some Scottish Salmon
- Astove - The Video!
- ASF Honours Michael Meighen with Top Salmon Conservation Award
- Get to Grips with the Gaula!
- Catch a River Tweed Salmon with Farlows this Summer
- Catch and Release in Canada
- Alphonse Island News – Flat Calm, Flats Slam and a 9lb Bonefish!
- Fly Odyssey Day at Farlows
- Icelandic Fly Fishing Open Day
- Meet Mikael Frödin at the Sportfish Salmon Spectacular