Migrating Salmon Face a Triple Challenge
Gill-net fisheries in Greenland, Labrador and at St-Pierre et Miquelon are now growing threats to Atlantic salmon.
The Atlantic Salmon Federation (ASF) report that several gill-net fisheries are now threatening salmon populations, and genetic studies are showing which rivers and regions are paying the price.
Read the full story HERE
Articles by the same author
- Salmon Crisis in Cumbria
- Sea Lice Research in Norway
- Sea Lice Mutation – A Cause for Concern?
- Is Your Salmon Small Because of Hungry Cavemen?
- Migrating Salmon Face a Triple Challenge
- First Salmon Reports from Canada
- New Video Shows Best Live Release Practice for Salmon
- Atlantic Salmon Consultations on Species at Risk
- Passing the Salmon Conservation Torch
- Disappointing Returns of Wild Atlantic Salmon in Canada This Year