A new venture for fly-fishers whose dream is to sample the Arctic char fishing in Greenland is taking shape under the aegis of Arni Baldursson. Arni runs his Lax-a fishing all over the world but this camp looks the business and one assumes very good connections in Greenland to enable such comfort to go up in the wilderness in such short order.
Helpful advice for Arni following the posting of pictures of the camp, which will cater for hunters and fishermen, comes from Curt P: ‘I think you need a full-time manager who speaks English with a NJ accent for sure.’
Photos of hefty Arctic char and other snaps of the sporting action on offer in Greenland, as well as interiors of the camp, shots of the wild location and defence measures - a rifle with sights perched up on a rock to provide protection from bears? Vikings?! - all add to the exotic charm of the place.
I think we'll be hearing much more about it soon.
Articles by the same author
- Canadian rivers: rain still required
- New 2012 tagged salmon recapture data shows a pattern emerging in Norway
- Huge catch on Norway's Vosso
- Good times, bad times
- What has happened to Norway's summer run?
- Camp Greenland
- Hayes expands Norwegian salmon-fishing portfolio for 2013
- Varzina trout camp comes good
- Yokanga's August Bruisers
- Miramichi in summer close-down mode