Big Salmon Showing on Iceland’s Big Laxa
The Nes Beat on the Big Laxa has always been famous for the biggest fish in Iceland but this year the average size is well up.
The Nes beat on the Big Laxa or Laxa i Adaldal has always been famous for the biggest fish in Iceland but this year, the average size is superb at over 12lb and there are some huge fish about, most of which never come to net but Nils Jorgenson's fish, pictured above, most certainly did.
The fish fell for a HKA Sunray on glitter tube fished in the Langaflud Pool and measured 112cm, which is certainly over 30lb and more likely 35lb.
Articles by the same author
- Scotland Reports Lowest Rod Salmon Catch Since 2003
- The Tunny Club Exhibition
- It's Showtime at The Delphi Club
- Salmon & Trout Association Auction 2014
- Land of Giants
- Planning Victory for Scottish Salmon Campaign
- Some Big Irish Salmon Showing
- A Strong Late Run in Canada?
- UK Film Premiere – Land of Giants
- Possible Women’s World Record Sea Trout from Rio Gallegos