Big Salmon Showing on Iceland’s Big Laxa
The Nes Beat on the Big Laxa has always been famous for the biggest fish in Iceland but this year the average size is well up.
The Nes beat on the Big Laxa or Laxa i Adaldal has always been famous for the biggest fish in Iceland but this year, the average size is superb at over 12lb and there are some huge fish about, most of which never come to net but Nils Jorgenson's fish, pictured above, most certainly did.
The fish fell for a HKA Sunray on glitter tube fished in the Langaflud Pool and measured 112cm, which is certainly over 30lb and more likely 35lb.
Articles by the same author
- Angling Trust Welcomes New Plan to Save Salmon
- Ocean Condition Changes Affect Salmon Prey
- Salmon and Trout Conservation take Sainsbury's to task
- Monster Royalty Salmon
- Spey Salmon Hopes
- Classic Angling – 100 Not Out!
- New Trophy for Heaviest Wye Salmon
- Hatchery Salmon are Genetically Different
- Trout & Salmon Celebrates ‘Save Our Salmon’ Success
- Gearing up for Spring Salmon with Sportfish