You don’t need to fish for Salmon to appreciate this book, or even be an avid tyer of Salmon flies. The author traces the history of classic salmon flies going back over more than a century to the heyday of late Victorian era when exotic materials from around the globe where readily available. ... Full story
I have just returned from attending what was billed as the Ultimate Atlantic Salmon-fishing Course on Russia's Varzuga river. Apart from giving me the chance to catch numbers of salmon in a day that in Scotland one would hope for in a week (or month), the course gave me the perfect chance to test out for Fish and Fly, Patagonia's new Rock Grip (aluminium bar) wading boots and also their new wading Crampons too. ... Full story
Charlie White, director of fishing at Roxtons Fieldsports, talks to Fish and Fly about the 2012 prospects for Iceland, while giving a fascinating insight into the wider role and responsibilities of one of the UK's top destination sporting agencies. But first, with the Russian season already under way on the Varzuga and the other Kola rivers and Norway set to open on June 1st, we asked him about another great destination salmon country, Iceland: ... Full story
Any new book on flats fishing is always bound to catch this editor's eye and it's even more interesting when the author is actually based in the UK for a change rather than in some tropical location. Graham Stephens recounts his personal journey of discovering the bonefish and how to fly fish for them via his travel adventures overseas. ... Full story
March warm-ups are excellent times to trout fly fish in Europe and in France it is the great trout opening time! For some anglers including myself, this particular day of fishing brings back some nostalgic memories. Nevertheless, you must be well prepared so that your chances of success at catching good trout turns to reality… ... Full story
Based on the popular book Salmon Fishing in the Yemen by Paul Torday, this film to be released in the USA and UK shortly, while not your regular fly fishing movie material, looks to be a fun and entertaining film starring Ewan McGregor and Emily Blunt. ... Full story
Deep in the hinterland of Argentina lies the fabled Lago Strobel, better known as Jurassic Lake thanks the prehistoric proportions of the introduced rainbow trout that have grown fat and strong on the local shrimp population in the lake. ... Full story
If you are interested in fly fishing for Atlantic Salmon in Iceland, or curious about the main rivers there then we have 5 short videos that will give you a great idea of what you can expect to find in the land of fire, ice and gleaming silver! ... Full story
- Arctic Grayling
- The Atlantic Salmon Reserve - Midsummer Overview
- Astove Atoll Lodge - End of Season Report
- Aardvark McLeod Presentation Evening at Farlows
- Alphonse Island 2015 Season - A Record Breaker!
- Alphonse Island News – End of the Season
- Early Morning Jungle Poon
- Alphonse Island News - Late Milkfish!
- Astove - The Video!
- Astove Atoll News - End of the Season
- The Muddler Minnow and Lessons Learned in Fly Fishing
- Fly Tying Materials - Predator Fibres from Semperfli
- Kidnapping The Reverend Mother - Fly Fishing Drama
- The Bigger They Are, The Ardea They Fall!
- James Chetham Black Gnat
- The Sweet William Fly and Norman Greenwood
- How to tie a Gold Bead Damsel Nymph
- Reel Britannia...
- Ultimate Fishing Adventures by Henry Gilbey
- Tied in the Hand (Odyssey of a salmon fly-tyer) by Sven-Olov Hard
- A Bonefishing Journey by Graham Stephens
- DVD Review: A Backyard in Nowhere
- Flextec Nomad Traveller Fly Rod 7 Piece
- Book Review: The Floating Fly by Dr Malcolm Greenhalgh
- Product Focus : Patagonia Men's Guidewater Pants