Regular readers know that I have been fishing a lot with what I term 'leader-to-hand' in recent years. Indeed, other than on small rivers, I very seldom use fly line at all any more. ... Full story
Once in a while something comes across the editors desk here at Fish&Fly that really makes my day. Today my fishing friends it is a trailer for a fishing video. Not much new in that you may say BUT this is homegrown UK talent at last catching up to the USA. I am excited and so should you be. ... Full story
We anglers are some of the nicest, most helpful and cheeriest people you could ever wish to meet by the waterside. Well most of us anyway! Once in a while one person stands head and shoulders above us all. Sadly, a few years ago we lost that character. ... Full story
Damsel flies usually appear between May to August when the nymphs can often provoke a rise as they swim towards any bank side vegetation to emerge as an adult. During the early part of the season the immature nymphs will be deeper in the water amongst the weed, well camouflaged from their predators. This is where the addition of a gold bead helps to get the fly a bit deeper and the glint of the gold head can act as an attractor. ... Full story
Mark Richens just bought legendary rodmaker Thomas & Thomas, rescuing it from what has been a fairly public decline. But with a background in successfully managing start-ups, an appreciation for the importance of keeping the racks full, and a hearty sense of the company's history, the future is obviously bright. ... Full story
The Red Lion Hotel, situated on the banks of the River Wharfe at Burnsall in Yorkshire is an ideal base to learn the art of fly fishing with local guide Stephen Rhodes.
The history of one of the worlds great fishing tackle innovators and manufacturers, Hardys of Alnwick.
Fancy a change from trout? Carp can provide a great challenge on the fly rod and you can target them on very light gear in open water - just remember to use low rod angles to tire them out.
- Alphonse Weekly Fishing Report - 5
- Alphonse Weekly Fishing Report - 4
- Alphonse Weekly Fishing Report: 2
- Alphonse Weekly Fishing Report: 1
- Season Finale on the Ponoi
- Atlantic Salmon Reserve – End of Season Report
- Preparing for the Flats
- Fall Fever on the Ponoi
- It's Showtime at The Delphi Club
- Atlantic Salmon Reserve Autumn Update
- The Muddler Minnow and Lessons Learned in Fly Fishing
- Fly Tying Materials - Predator Fibres from Semperfli
- Kidnapping The Reverend Mother - Fly Fishing Drama
- The Bigger They Are, The Ardea They Fall!
- James Chetham Black Gnat
- The Sweet William Fly and Norman Greenwood
- How to tie a Gold Bead Damsel Nymph
- Reel Britannia...
- Ultimate Fishing Adventures by Henry Gilbey
- Tied in the Hand (Odyssey of a salmon fly-tyer) by Sven-Olov Hard
- A Bonefishing Journey by Graham Stephens
- DVD Review: A Backyard in Nowhere
- Flextec Nomad Traveller Fly Rod 7 Piece
- Book Review: The Floating Fly by Dr Malcolm Greenhalgh
- Product Focus : Patagonia Men's Guidewater Pants