Welchy takes up the offer of a day fly fishing afloat with pike fishing buddy John Synnuck; but has he bitten off more than he can Chew... ... Full story
Having a fly rod that breaks down into 7 pieces is great for both travelling and to keep as a spare rod in the car for that unforseen fly fishing opportunity or as a back-up rod. With increasing blank technology and a wide range of pricing on fly rods, we look at a very affordable option from Flextec - their Nomad Traveller Fly Rod. ... Full story
Fly Fishing the World is a very popular fly fishing TV show that has been syndicated around the world. They are filming a brand new series right now with new host Conway Bowman, a fly fishing guide best know for his pioneering work in creating a catch and release fishery for mako sharks on fly gear out of San Diego, California. ... Full story
Throughout this series, I have tried to bring a glimpse of what is going on at the frontier of fly fishing for trout & grayling, though have not really explored other developments, such as fly fishing for other species and, notably, salt water. I do very little of the latter and there are far more experienced fly fishers in these areas to broadcast what is going on. ... Full story
One of the greatest pleasures in my life is teaching people how to enjoy themselves. As a fly fishing and fly tying instructor I take folks out of their comfort zone to experience not only the great outdoors, but something that will exhilarate, absorb, and ultimately bring satisfaction and a sense of calm in this sometimes crazy world. ... Full story
Alan Roe takes a look at one of the new books offered by the Medlar Press - The Floating Fly ... Full story
If you have ever tried to cast a large baitfish pattern or a Salmon Templedog made from all natural materials then you will appreciate that its hard work due to the amount of water retained by the fly. ... Full story
A few years ago when I saw the first video of fly fishing in saltwater for bonefish, permit and tarpon, I knew that before I die I had to fish for them. Hooking a bonefish on a never-ending flat and hearing the shrill sound of the reel screaming non-stop, frantic, energetic and sharp since then became an obsession. ... Full story
A double-team effort from Roger Beck (words) and Stephen Cheetham (fly-tying) this month which recounts the tale of how a Reverend Mother was whisked away from South Uist to be put to work at Bolton Abbey. ... Full story
Scott Fly Rods let their friends Ben and Travis of Felt Soul Media poke around the factory for a couple days to see what they'd come up with. As usual, they were totally disappointed with the outcome and have encouraged them to "get a real job." "We appreciate the effort guys, but it seems you can't even afford a camera that films in color." ... Full story
- Astove - The Video!
- Astove Atoll News - End of the Season
- Astove Atoll News – Beginner's Luck!
- Alphonse Island News – Bones, Big GT’s and a Flats Grand Slam
- Alphonse Island News – Another Bonefish Bonanza!
- Alphonse Island News – Perfect Conditions!
- Alphonse Island News – More Milkfish Mania!
- Astove Atoll News - Huge GTs Galore!
- Astove Atoll Fishing News – Big Bones and Grand Slams!
- Astove Fishing News – A Real Flyer!
- The Muddler Minnow and Lessons Learned in Fly Fishing
- Fly Tying Materials - Predator Fibres from Semperfli
- Kidnapping The Reverend Mother - Fly Fishing Drama
- The Bigger They Are, The Ardea They Fall!
- James Chetham Black Gnat
- The Sweet William Fly and Norman Greenwood
- How to tie a Gold Bead Damsel Nymph
- Reel Britannia...
- Ultimate Fishing Adventures by Henry Gilbey
- Tied in the Hand (Odyssey of a salmon fly-tyer) by Sven-Olov Hard
- A Bonefishing Journey by Graham Stephens
- DVD Review: A Backyard in Nowhere
- Flextec Nomad Traveller Fly Rod 7 Piece
- Book Review: The Floating Fly by Dr Malcolm Greenhalgh
- Product Focus : Patagonia Men's Guidewater Pants