A few years ago when I saw the first video of fly fishing in saltwater for bonefish, permit and tarpon, I knew that before I die I had to fish for them. Hooking a bonefish on a never-ending flat and hearing the shrill sound of the reel screaming non-stop, frantic, energetic and sharp since then became an obsession. ... Full story
A double-team effort from Roger Beck (words) and Stephen Cheetham (fly-tying) this month which recounts the tale of how a Reverend Mother was whisked away from South Uist to be put to work at Bolton Abbey. ... Full story
Scott Fly Rods let their friends Ben and Travis of Felt Soul Media poke around the factory for a couple days to see what they'd come up with. As usual, they were totally disappointed with the outcome and have encouraged them to "get a real job." "We appreciate the effort guys, but it seems you can't even afford a camera that films in color." ... Full story
A recent visit to the beautiful old town of Arundel in West Sussex, complete with its magnificent castle and nestled around the tidal upper reaches of the River Arun was the perfect chance to visit Chalk Springs Fishery for some clear water fly fishing for rainbow and brown trout. ... Full story
Dr. Way Yin has had a hand in designing a good chunk of the Spey tackle on the market (designing for both Scott Fly Rods and Scientific Anglers) and his reflections on the extreme growth of Spey casting--and how lucky we are to have our modern tackle--are well worth the listen. ... Full story
Grey Heron (Ardea cinerea) is not a common fly tying material these days explains Paul Davis, mainly thanks to it being a protected species and therefore not commercially available. But many old patterns prescribe its use and a dead bird can provide useful salvage material! ... Full story
The current range of Patagonia clothing suitable for fly fishing is growing and new products continue to be developed every season to tempt us. We put their Men's Guidewater Pants (that's trousers to you and me!) through their paces recently to see if they lived up to the claim of being suitable for both fishing and casual wear. ... Full story
A British angler is opening up the gateway for anglers to fish with fly and lures for the world class, record-breaking sport fish of the Amazon Rainforest. ... Full story
- Astove Atoll News - Huge GTs Galore!
- Astove Atoll Fishing News – Big Bones and Grand Slams!
- Astove Fishing News – A Real Flyer!
- Alphonse Island News – Settled Weather and a Flats Slam!
- Opening Week on Astove Atoll
- Alphonse Island News - Rough Weather!
- Alphonse Island News - Flats Slams!
- Alphonse Celebrates the Last Milkfish Of 2014
- Alphonse Weekly Fishing Report – 9
- Cosmoledo Fly Fishing Trip Report
- The Muddler Minnow and Lessons Learned in Fly Fishing
- Fly Tying Materials - Predator Fibres from Semperfli
- Kidnapping The Reverend Mother - Fly Fishing Drama
- The Bigger They Are, The Ardea They Fall!
- James Chetham Black Gnat
- The Sweet William Fly and Norman Greenwood
- How to tie a Gold Bead Damsel Nymph
- Reel Britannia...
- Ultimate Fishing Adventures by Henry Gilbey
- Tied in the Hand (Odyssey of a salmon fly-tyer) by Sven-Olov Hard
- A Bonefishing Journey by Graham Stephens
- DVD Review: A Backyard in Nowhere
- Flextec Nomad Traveller Fly Rod 7 Piece
- Book Review: The Floating Fly by Dr Malcolm Greenhalgh
- Product Focus : Patagonia Men's Guidewater Pants