The Fieldsports Channel visits the Arundell Arms in Devon and has a go at catching what they dub the "Clotted Cream MacNab" of a salmon, sea trout, brown trout and a bass on the fly. ... Full story
Damsel flies usually appear between May to August when the nymphs can often provoke a rise as they swim towards any bank side vegetation to emerge as an adult. During the early part of the season the immature nymphs will be deeper in the water amongst the weed, well camouflaged from their predators. This is where the addition of a gold bead helps to get the fly a bit deeper and the glint of the gold head can act as an attractor. ... Full story
Mark Richens just bought legendary rodmaker Thomas & Thomas, rescuing it from what has been a fairly public decline. But with a background in successfully managing start-ups, an appreciation for the importance of keeping the racks full, and a hearty sense of the company's history, the future is obviously bright. ... Full story
The Red Lion Hotel, situated on the banks of the River Wharfe at Burnsall in Yorkshire is an ideal base to learn the art of fly fishing with local guide Stephen Rhodes.
The history of one of the worlds great fishing tackle innovators and manufacturers, Hardys of Alnwick.
Fancy a change from trout? Carp can provide a great challenge on the fly rod and you can target them on very light gear in open water - just remember to use low rod angles to tire them out.
Author Terry Lawton fishes on the River Wensum at Bintree Mill and shows how to approach small river fishing. Narrated by John Bailey.
Tim Pommer is the chief product developer and head lab rat at Scientific Anglers. He's also a musky expert and the guy who did most of the quality control testing on SA's popular Sharkskin fly line. Ever wondered just how "scientific" the fly fishing companies really are? Tune in to find out. ... Full story
Tom Pero, former editor of Fish&Fly Magazine, and Richard Hewitt, owner of FishandFly.com, discuss the news of the merger between their companies back at the end of 2008, what this meant for subscribers at the time, and the editorial direction of the new venture. What podcast would be complete without red, purple, even yellow bikinis. Intrigued? Stay tuned. ... Full story
- Alphonse Weekly Fishing Report: 1
- Season Finale on the Ponoi
- Atlantic Salmon Reserve – End of Season Report
- Preparing for the Flats
- Fall Fever on the Ponoi
- It's Showtime at The Delphi Club
- Atlantic Salmon Reserve Autumn Update
- A Strong Late Run in Canada?
- Farlows and Sportfish at the Atlantic Salmon Reserve
- Atlantic Salmon Reserve - Season Review
- The Muddler Minnow and Lessons Learned in Fly Fishing
- Fly Tying Materials - Predator Fibres from Semperfli
- Kidnapping The Reverend Mother - Fly Fishing Drama
- The Bigger They Are, The Ardea They Fall!
- James Chetham Black Gnat
- The Sweet William Fly and Norman Greenwood
- How to tie a Gold Bead Damsel Nymph
- Reel Britannia...
- Ultimate Fishing Adventures by Henry Gilbey
- Tied in the Hand (Odyssey of a salmon fly-tyer) by Sven-Olov Hard
- A Bonefishing Journey by Graham Stephens
- DVD Review: A Backyard in Nowhere
- Flextec Nomad Traveller Fly Rod 7 Piece
- Book Review: The Floating Fly by Dr Malcolm Greenhalgh
- Product Focus : Patagonia Men's Guidewater Pants