Every winter, when the ice is blocking the rings of my fly rod, I cannot resist the urge to seek out the orange color trails that lead to impressive perch attacks! These fish are in top form this time of year and continue to feed on bleak and roach who gather in certain areas of the river where the current forms large meanders. ... Full story
The mighty Miramichi River is a world-renowned fly fishing destination for good reasons. It's reputed to be one of the greatest Atlantic salmon rivers in the world. With a 155-mile long main stem, draining into a watershed of 5,405 sq. miles, the Miramichi is an impressive New Brunswick natural wonder. ... Full story
For avid grayling fly fishers or for those wanting the ultimate winter grayling fly fishing, there is no better place than the large French rivers! In fact, I have caught in the Rhone river grayling over 50 cm and one huge specimen of 60 cm! Bigger than the ones from Slovenia or from Lapland where I have been fly fishing several times. For grayling, you can choose to explore the Rhone, the Rhin or the famous Dordogne near Bergerac. ... Full story
Laurent Guillermin's second article looks at the European zander, or pikeperch - found in lakes and rivers of Eastern, Central, and Western Europe. The diet of the zander depends largely on the food available. Any species of fish is fair game for the zander's toothy jaws, even its own kind! That is enough reason to give it a try with a fly! ... Full story
Is this the best pike fly fishing DVD ever? When we saw the trailer (see inside) we were definitely excited by the quality of the fish and the imagery and so couldn't wait to get our hands on a finished copy. It's definitely a fly fishing movie but not what you might typically expect... ... Full story
We introduce another new regular monthly fly fishing column today covering the wealth of fly fishing opportunities available in continental Europe. These will be written by Laurent Guillermin who is a well-known writer and photographer from France. His first stop is the Albarine River in his native France. Welcome Laurent! ... Full story
Welchy takes up the offer of a day fly fishing afloat with pike fishing buddy John Synnuck; but has he bitten off more than he can Chew... ... Full story
- Arctic Grayling
- The Atlantic Salmon Reserve - Midsummer Overview
- Astove Atoll Lodge - End of Season Report
- Aardvark McLeod Presentation Evening at Farlows
- Alphonse Island 2015 Season - A Record Breaker!
- Alphonse Island News – End of the Season
- Early Morning Jungle Poon
- Alphonse Island News - Late Milkfish!
- Astove - The Video!
- Astove Atoll News - End of the Season
- The Muddler Minnow and Lessons Learned in Fly Fishing
- Fly Tying Materials - Predator Fibres from Semperfli
- Kidnapping The Reverend Mother - Fly Fishing Drama
- The Bigger They Are, The Ardea They Fall!
- James Chetham Black Gnat
- The Sweet William Fly and Norman Greenwood
- How to tie a Gold Bead Damsel Nymph
- Reel Britannia...
- Ultimate Fishing Adventures by Henry Gilbey
- Tied in the Hand (Odyssey of a salmon fly-tyer) by Sven-Olov Hard
- A Bonefishing Journey by Graham Stephens
- DVD Review: A Backyard in Nowhere
- Flextec Nomad Traveller Fly Rod 7 Piece
- Book Review: The Floating Fly by Dr Malcolm Greenhalgh
- Product Focus : Patagonia Men's Guidewater Pants