Tarquin Millington-Drake from Frontiers Travel points to Norway's famous salmon fishing of the past, perhaps only second to that of Scotland, and that it is still possible to find great fishing if you know where to look. ... Full story
After much anticipation and interest we are delighted to report back on an extremely successful and productive first week of our season. In truth the week had it all. Large numbers of solid bonefish landed (with good numbers of 10lb plus fish thrown in), some monster GT's, trophy sized bluefin trevally...and yes even some gorgeous Indo Pacific permit made to the net. ... Full story
Avalon, Cuban Fishing Centers, is pleased to present its new fishing destination, Cayo Cruz/Cayo Romano and we want to express our truly thanks to Cuba, the National Company for the protection of Flora and Fauna (ENPFF), Ministery of Tourism (MINTUR) and the travel agency Ecotur (ECOTUR SA) , for allowing us to continue to have joint projects, where the care of the environment and sustainable tourism are the common denominator. ... Full story
Heading for the outer islands in the Seychelles is the nearest thing in fishing terms of going to war. After months of preparation including some physical training the time was finally upon us as my band of GT hunters boarded aircraft and heading once again for the Indian Ocean. ... Full story
With the new Las Buitreras season upon us down in Argentina, and with 10 fantastic years of amazing fishing and experiences at Las Buitreras we are now looking forward to see what this 11th year will have to offer fishing the wonderful Rio Gallegos for silvery sea trout. ... Full story
The Lakselva river in Norway is now one of the most reliable rivers in the world when it comes to producing salmon of over 40lbs. We have been fishing the river over the past six seasons and in almost every week we have been there, one or more of our guests has landed a fish of over 40lbs. ... Full story
A spectacular “Golden Grand Slam” has been achieved whilst fishing St Francois atoll. 4th season Alphonse guide, Andrew Mayo guided Matvey (Mat) Ivanov to obtaining this coveted achievement! To qualify for a “Golden Grand Slam” title five species of fish: Permit, Milkfish, GT, Bonefish and a Triggerfish need to be caught on the same day. ... Full story
- Alphonse Island News - Late Milkfish!
- Astove - The Video!
- Astove Atoll News - End of the Season
- Astove Atoll News – Beginner's Luck!
- Alphonse Island News – Bones, Big GT’s and a Flats Grand Slam
- Alphonse Island News – Another Bonefish Bonanza!
- Alphonse Island News – Perfect Conditions!
- Alphonse Island News – More Milkfish Mania!
- Astove Atoll News - Huge GTs Galore!
- Astove Atoll Fishing News – Big Bones and Grand Slams!
- The Muddler Minnow and Lessons Learned in Fly Fishing
- Fly Tying Materials - Predator Fibres from Semperfli
- Kidnapping The Reverend Mother - Fly Fishing Drama
- The Bigger They Are, The Ardea They Fall!
- James Chetham Black Gnat
- The Sweet William Fly and Norman Greenwood
- How to tie a Gold Bead Damsel Nymph
- Reel Britannia...
- Ultimate Fishing Adventures by Henry Gilbey
- Tied in the Hand (Odyssey of a salmon fly-tyer) by Sven-Olov Hard
- A Bonefishing Journey by Graham Stephens
- DVD Review: A Backyard in Nowhere
- Flextec Nomad Traveller Fly Rod 7 Piece
- Book Review: The Floating Fly by Dr Malcolm Greenhalgh
- Product Focus : Patagonia Men's Guidewater Pants