The Lakselva river in Norway is now one of the most reliable rivers in the world when it comes to producing salmon of over 40lbs. We have been fishing the river over the past six seasons and in almost every week we have been there, one or more of our guests has landed a fish of over 40lbs. ... Full story
A spectacular “Golden Grand Slam” has been achieved whilst fishing St Francois atoll. 4th season Alphonse guide, Andrew Mayo guided Matvey (Mat) Ivanov to obtaining this coveted achievement! To qualify for a “Golden Grand Slam” title five species of fish: Permit, Milkfish, GT, Bonefish and a Triggerfish need to be caught on the same day. ... Full story
Aardvark McLeod share the results of the first weeks fishing on the remote Farquhar atoll in the Seychelles, home to many species such as the famous GT or Giant Trevally, bonefish, trigger fish and offshore species too like tuna and sailfish. It's a long journey down but boy is it worth it! ... Full story
Who remembers the old Farlow's Magazine that London's iconic game fishing store used to publish? It stopped printing quite a while ago now but we recently were able to assist Farlow's in getting one of the old copies scanned into a very readable PDF format. ... Full story
Billed on the cover as "100 Extraordinary Fishing Experiences From Around The World" and with well-known TV presenter and globe-trotting angling photographer Henry Gilbey as the author, this book held a lot of promise and hopefully a few secrets for locations off the beaten track. ... Full story
Stephan Gian Dombaj travels the world fly fishing and taking photographs that capture both the spirit of the destinations he visits and also the species of fish he seeks there. In his second feature for Fish&Fly he takes us to a remote corner of Patagonia where the rainbow trout reach truly epic proportions. ... Full story
Stephan Gian Dombaj travels the world fly fishing and taking photographs that capture both the spirit of the destinations he visits and also the species of fish he seeks there. In his first of a regular series for Fish&Fly he shares his love for the Rio Gallegos of Patagonia and its spectacular and often giant seatrout. ... Full story
For some time now I have heard whispers of the trout fishing in Iceland and I was dubious at best. The idea of rivers with browns averaging 4-5lbs and the chance of 10-12lb fish like in New Zealand but then with the population density resembling a river more like that of Southern England, it just seemed inconceivable! So I ventured North-West to go and see if any of these bold statements were based at all on truth. ... Full story
Fortunes have varied wildly for salmon fishers in Norway recently. While the central rivers of the Trondelag region continue to struggle with catches through to the approaching end of the season, a notable catch to one rod on a single river has shown the potential for sport in this celebrated salmon-fishing country. ... Full story
- Alphonse Island News – End of the Season
- Early Morning Jungle Poon
- Alphonse Island News - Late Milkfish!
- Astove - The Video!
- Astove Atoll News - End of the Season
- Astove Atoll News – Beginner's Luck!
- Alphonse Island News – Bones, Big GT’s and a Flats Grand Slam
- Alphonse Island News – Another Bonefish Bonanza!
- Alphonse Island News – Perfect Conditions!
- Alphonse Island News – More Milkfish Mania!
- The Muddler Minnow and Lessons Learned in Fly Fishing
- Fly Tying Materials - Predator Fibres from Semperfli
- Kidnapping The Reverend Mother - Fly Fishing Drama
- The Bigger They Are, The Ardea They Fall!
- James Chetham Black Gnat
- The Sweet William Fly and Norman Greenwood
- How to tie a Gold Bead Damsel Nymph
- Reel Britannia...
- Ultimate Fishing Adventures by Henry Gilbey
- Tied in the Hand (Odyssey of a salmon fly-tyer) by Sven-Olov Hard
- A Bonefishing Journey by Graham Stephens
- DVD Review: A Backyard in Nowhere
- Flextec Nomad Traveller Fly Rod 7 Piece
- Book Review: The Floating Fly by Dr Malcolm Greenhalgh
- Product Focus : Patagonia Men's Guidewater Pants