Billed on the cover as "100 Extraordinary Fishing Experiences From Around The World" and with well-known TV presenter and globe-trotting angling photographer Henry Gilbey as the author, this book held a lot of promise and hopefully a few secrets for locations off the beaten track. ... Full story
Stephan Gian Dombaj travels the world fly fishing and taking photographs that capture both the spirit of the destinations he visits and also the species of fish he seeks there. In his second feature for Fish&Fly he takes us to a remote corner of Patagonia where the rainbow trout reach truly epic proportions. ... Full story
Stephan Gian Dombaj travels the world fly fishing and taking photographs that capture both the spirit of the destinations he visits and also the species of fish he seeks there. In his first of a regular series for Fish&Fly he shares his love for the Rio Gallegos of Patagonia and its spectacular and often giant seatrout. ... Full story
For some time now I have heard whispers of the trout fishing in Iceland and I was dubious at best. The idea of rivers with browns averaging 4-5lbs and the chance of 10-12lb fish like in New Zealand but then with the population density resembling a river more like that of Southern England, it just seemed inconceivable! So I ventured North-West to go and see if any of these bold statements were based at all on truth. ... Full story
Fortunes have varied wildly for salmon fishers in Norway recently. While the central rivers of the Trondelag region continue to struggle with catches through to the approaching end of the season, a notable catch to one rod on a single river has shown the potential for sport in this celebrated salmon-fishing country. ... Full story
As July merges into August, high summer into late-summer, a pattern has become established on Norway's sportfishing rivers. When a 2012 salmon is hooked it tends to be an older, bigger, river fish. Now, with the season ending two weeks tomorrow, from the Lakselva to the Orkla, the question is repeated: what has happened to Norway's summer run of medium sized salmon and grilse? And the newer, big fish, for that matter? ... Full story
It is one of the most famous names in Scottish West Coast salmon and sea-trout fishing. But the Isle of Harris' Amhuinnsuidhe fishery, with its superlative wild fly-fishing on Lochs Voshmid, Scourst and Ulladale is not just about fishing, as Greig Thomson of Salmo International describes.. ... Full story
A new venture for fly-fishers whose dream is to sample the Arctic char fishing in Greenland is taking shape under the aegis of Arni Baldursson. Arni runs his Lax-a fishing all over the world but this camp looks the business and one assumes very good connections in Greenland to enable such comfort to go up in the wilderness in such short order. ... Full story
A fisherman catches a huge salmon, but there is no witness and no photograph and only a rough measurement taken of the fish's length against a rod. Coverage of the capture of 'the Balmoral 50-pounder' caught this June has since appeared in magazines from the Field to Trout and Salmon and the capture has been well documented and discussed on our own Fly Forums. But how does such a catch go down in the history books? And what was the final verdict of a man who lives and breathes the River Dee, Ken Reid, Fisheries Development Officer of The Dee District Salmon Fisheries Board? ... Full story
- Arctic Grayling
- The Atlantic Salmon Reserve - Midsummer Overview
- Astove Atoll Lodge - End of Season Report
- Aardvark McLeod Presentation Evening at Farlows
- Alphonse Island 2015 Season - A Record Breaker!
- Alphonse Island News – End of the Season
- Early Morning Jungle Poon
- Alphonse Island News - Late Milkfish!
- Astove - The Video!
- Astove Atoll News - End of the Season
- The Muddler Minnow and Lessons Learned in Fly Fishing
- Fly Tying Materials - Predator Fibres from Semperfli
- Kidnapping The Reverend Mother - Fly Fishing Drama
- The Bigger They Are, The Ardea They Fall!
- James Chetham Black Gnat
- The Sweet William Fly and Norman Greenwood
- How to tie a Gold Bead Damsel Nymph
- Reel Britannia...
- Ultimate Fishing Adventures by Henry Gilbey
- Tied in the Hand (Odyssey of a salmon fly-tyer) by Sven-Olov Hard
- A Bonefishing Journey by Graham Stephens
- DVD Review: A Backyard in Nowhere
- Flextec Nomad Traveller Fly Rod 7 Piece
- Book Review: The Floating Fly by Dr Malcolm Greenhalgh
- Product Focus : Patagonia Men's Guidewater Pants