Fishing the Northern Territory is a dream angling holiday and catching a trophy Barramundi is on the bucket list of many anglers – it’s one of those ‘must do’ angling experiences – and now you have the chance to not only make that dream trip but, if you catch the right fish, to cover your costs too!
A 30lb plus Barra on the fly – bring it on!
The good news for all of us dreamers is that there will NEVER be a better time to head to the Northern Territory to fish because if you head ‘down under’ to fish from 1 October 2015 to 29 February 2016 you could return home AUD 1 million richer – in GBP, with the current exchange rate as of July 2015, that’s in the region of £490,000!
All you need to do to cash in on your fishing dream is to use your angling ability, pack a bit of luck, and catch the ‘MILLION DOLLAR FISH’ – a Barra with possibly the biggest ever price on its head. And if you don’t hook the headline Barra, there are 75 others swimming around with an AUD 10K price on their heads (c. £4,900).
Click HERE for full details, terms and conditions – and then head down under to catch the big one! And if you need tips, tactics and tackle to help you in your quest then Farlows of Pall Mall have all you need in theirNT Kitbag
The Northern Territory is an unrivalled fishing destination with huge tidal rivers, scenic inland billabongs, mangrove-lined estuaries and a picturesque coastline and the regions of the Top End all offer unique fishing experiences – just check out our review of some of the very best fishing in the world HERE
• 75 Barramundi will be tagged and released with ‘CrownBet AUD 10,000 cash prize tags’ across 20 popular fishing operator locations in the Top End.
• An AUD 1m Barramundi prize tag will also be released within one of the 20 locations.
• The locations where you can ‘Stay, Play and Fish to Win’ are provided HERE but no detail of the quantity of tagged fish in each location or the location of the AUD 1m fish will be provided.
• Participants can redeem as many fish as caught within the terms and conditions of the competition, giving the opportunity to win up to AUD 1.7m (c. £831,000)
• Participants are required to register online at www.milliondollarfish.com.au where the database of entrants will be shared with the promotional partners and Tourism NT.
• Participants will also be given the opportunity to play for ‘Instant win prizes’ as part of an online fishing game being developed by partner CrownBet.
• The competition is open to anyone over the age of 18 who registers their details HERE and complies with the terms and conditions.
• If a person under the age of 18 finds a prize tag, they are able to claim the prize through their legal guardian, so long as the guardian has registered and the fish has been caught in accordance with the terms and conditions.
• International anglers must comply with Australian laws for receiving prizes.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.