New Zealand Showcases Fly Fishing for Rugby Visitors
New Zealand has an international angling reputation as a premiere trout fishing destination. Fish & Game NZ is helping Rugby World Cup visitors go trout fishing between matches with the launch of a new website.
Trout could be on the menu for Rugby World Cup visitors as Fish & Game hopes to encourage fishing as an activity for tourists to try.
For visitors who would like to have a go, but don’t know where to start, the ‘Fish Away’ website – www.fishaway.co.nz – makes it easy to experience the off-field action and excitement of trout fishing.
“Part of hosting this tournament is showcasing what your country has to offer,” says Fish & Game NZ communications manager Hamish Carnachan.
“There’s no better place in the world than New Zealand to be in with the chance of catching a trout of a lifetime.
“We think that’s something to be proud of and we want to highlight that to our international guests.”
Trout fishing has a long and proud history in New Zealand and for some it is as ingrained in our heritage and culture as rugby, says Hamish.
“A big part of trout fishing is visiting our iconic lakes and rivers – coming face to face with ‘100 per cent Pure’ New Zealand. We believe it’s the ultimate Kiwi experience for visitors.”
The ‘Fish Away’ site is set up specifically to help tourists to buy a fishing licence, find the right gear and then know where to fish.
As well as pointing out the great fishing locations in each of the 12 Fish & Game regions, the website gives fishing tips and information on licences.
There is also a directory of local guides for each region.
Fish & Game will be promoting the country’s fantastic fishing opportunities and the new ‘Fish Away’ website in Air New Zealand’s inflight KiaOra magazine, as well as through other advertising channels.
Articles by the same author
- Boca Grande Tarpon Tournament Makes a Splash
- Salmon as Fly Fishing Film Stars
- A Bonefishing Journey by Graham Stephens
- Salmon Fishing in the Yemen - The Movie
- Simms Launches New Blog Called "The Wading Room"
- Costa Lots! The World's Most Expensive Polarised Sunglasses?
- River Dee Fundraising Auction Catalogue
- Loop Lands Investment - Goldcup AB Acquires 75% of Loop Tackle Design
- Jeremy Wade is Back Fishing for More River Monsters
- Maryland Honours Fly Fishing Legend Lefty Kreh