A Passion for Tarpon raises $18k for Bonefish & Tarpon Trust
Andy Mill and publisher Tom Pero of Wild River Press presented Bonefish & Tarpon Trust with a check for $18,000 from the sale of Mill’s award-winning book “A Passion for Tarpon" recently.
The presentation was made Friday afternoon at the fourth International Bonefish & Tarpon Symposium at the IGFA Fishing Hall of Fame & Museum in Dania Beach. The symposium concluded with research presentations by fisheries biologists, casting clinics and a tarpon panel discussion.
Mill also conducted an informative and enlightening seminar on how he fly fishes for tarpon. Among his tips: You never cast to the fish, you intercept the fish by casting the fly to a spot where the tarpon is heading. Mill recommended casting a little farther than needed in case the fish changes its path to the outside of where it was headed. If the fish stays on the track or heads inside, you can slide the fly in front of the tarpon by sweeping the fly rod.
An acclaimed fly fisherman who has won numerous tarpon tournaments in the Florida Keys, Mill said that once you get the hang of feeding a tarpon and making it eat a fly, “it is addictive.”
Articles by the same author
- North American Salmon Returns Looking Hopeful
- River Ure Salmon Project to Be Celebrated At ‘Big Fish’ Event
- S&TA Express Concern at Lack of Progress at NASCO Meeting
- Salmon and Trout Association Forces Net Fishery Closure
- Salmon could be Returning to Sheffield
- Feed Trials Show Promise for Reduction of Sea Lice Infection.
- UK Government Urged to Protect Salmon Funding as Stocks Slump Again
- Aardvark McLeod Presentation Evening at Farlows
- Half Price Hardy SALE - Now On at Farlows
- Early Morning Jungle Poon