New Video Shows Best Live Release Practice for Salmon
When the Atlantic Salmon Federation conducted a survey of anglers a few years ago, asking what tool would be most useful, a good video of the best techniques for live release was the top response. Please watch and share the video inside with your fellow salmon anglers and help spread the word.
Late last summer this project came together with Atlantic Salmon Federation, FQSA, and the Quebec government working together to start the project, and today, on April 20, 2013 the video sees the light of day.
Live release contributes to greater spawning success and healthier salmon runs, and is an important way anglers can contribute to conservation of the species.
For the long term, bookmark the page on ASF’s website that is home for the Live Release video. There are links there for the French version, as well as to a site to DOWNLOAD a high resolution (720p) version of the video to your own computer. That page is: http://www.asf.ca/live-release.html
Articles by the same author
- Sea Lice Research in Norway
- Sea Lice Mutation – A Cause for Concern?
- Is Your Salmon Small Because of Hungry Cavemen?
- Migrating Salmon Face a Triple Challenge
- First Salmon Reports from Canada
- New Video Shows Best Live Release Practice for Salmon
- Atlantic Salmon Consultations on Species at Risk
- Passing the Salmon Conservation Torch
- Disappointing Returns of Wild Atlantic Salmon in Canada This Year
- Rain required to bring in north America's salmon runs