The collaboration will see the two organisations work together on various projects to conserve wild fish and their waters, including the production and auction of two truly bespoke Hardy outfits for S&TC’s glittering Annual Auction this November.
The flagship lot at this year’s auction is an extremely generous contribution from Hardy, with whom S&TC are proud to announce an exciting long-term partnership. Defined by their 1800’s heritage and English-made, top quality tackle, such a collaboration combines not just Hardy’s and S&TC’s expertise and heritage, but their mutual passion for protecting wild fish and their habitats.
Conserving wild fish together
As the UK’s leading wild fish charity, S&TC has been protecting and preserving our wild fish and freshwaters for over 115 years. Originally tackling the environmental pressures of the Industrial Revolution, S&TC today continue to achieve important successes for wild salmon and trout driven by three highly actionable conservation focuses: water quality, water quantity and protection from salmon farming.
This vision is defined and delivered through S&TC’s independent, science-led and action-driven campaigns. The charity receives no government money, their important work funded entirely by private donations, memberships and fundraising initiatives, such as their Annual Dinner and Auction at Fishmonger’s Hall in London, now in its 10th year.
As prominent wild fish conservationists, Hardy are proudly committed to protecting salmon, trout and the UK’s waterways, which their partnership with S&TC is integral to achieving.
In an act of support for the cause, Hardy have generously donated two exceptional lots to the S&TC Annual Auction this year, which are expected to achieve handsome sums for S&TC’s important work:
Unique S&TC Hardy Complete Angler Outfit
- One of a kind, 001 of 001
- 1 x Hardy Salmon Smuggler 14’6#10 rod with limited edition Hardy ‘Perfect’ reel
- 1 x Hardy Trout Smuggler 9’0″#5 rod with limited edition Hardy ‘Perfect’ reel
- Both to include matching fitted fly lines
- 1 x Richard Wheatley handmade fly box with assortment of trout flies
- 1 x Richard Wheatley handmade fly box with assortment of salmon flies
- Presented in a custom-built leather case by Casecraft UK (case valued at £3k)
Bespoke S&TC Hardy Trout Smuggler Set
- 1 of 115 S&TC units, to celebrate our 115th year
- 1 x Hardy Trout Smuggler 9’0″5# rod with limited edition Hardy ‘Perfect’ reel
- 1 x matching fitted fly line
- 1 x Handmade Richard Wheatley fly box with an assortment of trout flies
- Presented in an aluminium flight case with laser cut foam liner
The Hardy Complete Angler Outfit is an entirely unique, never to be repeated, bespoke item, which is currently being handcrafted for S&TC at Hardy’s headquarters at Alnwick, England. The Hardy Trout Smuggler is equally special; 1 of 115 to celebrate the 115 years that S&TC has been actively conserving wild fish in the UK.
Further official photographs of the exclusive lots, which are expected to appeal to collectors and keen anglers alike, will follow soon. View more photographs of the Hardy crafts people at work here.
These lots are part of S&TC’s exclusive live auction on the 14th November 2018, which is now sold out. However, S&TC are accepting private sealed bids on these particular lots.